Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did you get your kid(s) a flu shot?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies
We haven't...yet. I keep going back on forth with my decision.

I'm a conscientious objector for myself, but with the way this season is going I'm wondering if it's stupid to have put it off for my child.

Right now, we are planning to get his done in the next couple days. Partly because we are going to be in DC for the inauguration in a couple weeks around hundreds of thousands, if not a million plus people.

I've gotten the shot some years, and skipped it other years. Never have had the flu. SO is the same way. We aren't really consistent about it either way.

So far we've gotten our son one every year, but he is only 2...almost 3 so this is his third flu season.

Just wondering about your deicisons so I can be better informed with mine.

Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
No. And they both got the flu. The shot doesn't always prevent the flu so I see no point injecting more chemicals in them.
Evansmommy1130
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I chose to get a flu shot for me and my ds( he's 2) and in the past 2 weeks we both came down with the flu so in our case it didn't do us any good.

crystalplus1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

No. No one in my family gets flu shots, and i have had it once when i was 17. I woke up with a 102.4 fever and was sent right back to the bed room, and was doped up on NyQuil for 2 days to keep most of the fever down. During flu and cold season we keep fresh garlic And lots of vitamin C around.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Nope

hippiemom45
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We all got it, no flu for any of us and in my state (SC)it's especially bad this year.  We got them all the way back in October, DD got a booster shot a few weeks later.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM

We all get one every year. We have since DS was born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
That's part of what I'm nervous about, but also people can be carriers when showing no symptoms so I'm kinda nervous about contraction. He isn't in daycare or around other kids a lot or anything though. But our state has it bad right now.

Quoting Evansmommy1130:

I chose to get a flu shot for me and my ds( he's 2) and in the past 2 weeks we both came down with the flu so in our case it didn't do us any good.

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Yes they both had one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)