Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PARENTS SURE DO LIKE TO SHOW OFF THEIR KIDS

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 32 Replies

I have noticed that many parents like to show off their little ones. Wether it be by taking many pictures and uploading them. Or video taping them and putting it on the internet. Or carrying around professionally done photos to show off to people. Or putting their kids in pageants. Or trying to get them on tv. Always trying to show their little bundles of joy (and many other things) off! And the US, of all places, offers many opportunities to do so.

Why do you think that is? And what do you honestly think about the different methods people use to show their kiddo's off? Do you enjoy showing yours off? If so, how do you go about doing it? What crazy methods have you seen people use to show off their 'pride and joy'?

I will honestly admit that I love to show of my son's photos on my facebook and getting to see all my family and friends comments. I am quite proud of how cute he is. Aren't we all when it comes to that? Or are you not?

Go ahead and tear this apart... let me know how you truly feel on this subject...

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crochetmom07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Why wouldn't people want to show off their children? I don't show them off to strangers much, but I'm always showing pictures to family, friends and co-workers. I lover my children and I'm proud off them so why not show off and brag a little bit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amari06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Zy

Why wouldn't I want to show them off lol?
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting crochetmom07:

Why wouldn't people want to show off their children? I don't show them off to strangers much, but I'm always showing pictures to family, friends and co-workers. I lover my children and I'm proud off them so why not show off and brag a little bit.

This.  I am proud of my boys and love to show them off.  They're really funny too, so once in a while I'll post something they've said on fb.  

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I love them and they are cuties.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's kind of like "look what I did/made. For most people, having kids is their greatest accomplishment.
avajeansmomma
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I like to post pics to my facebook and I used to post them on here (I don't anymore). I don't really agree with the pageants and movies/commercials because it's making them do unnecessary things to suit your own needs. That's just me though.. 

Lovemyfamilyof8
1 mom liked this

I do not post pics online AT ALL. I mail pics, have tons framed, etc.

900 years of time and space, an I've never met anyone that wasn't important...... The Doctor

428pm
2 moms liked this

Pride!! And why the hell not?  They are afterall the best damn thing we've produced as a mother.  They are hard as hell to bring into this world and even harder to raise.  Why not show them off with pride?

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
This: Once it's out their in Cyberspace you don't know where they could end up or who could get their hands on them. No thanks.

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

I do not post pics online AT ALL. I mail pics, have tons framed, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I love showing my kids off because they are great sports about letting me do random photoshoots of them. And they are adorable!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN