Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hello everyone :)

I'm going anon, bc I'm embarrassed that I don't have more to say for myself (Although one day I will)

I'm 22 and pregnant with my first baby. I am a high school graduate, but have not attended college yet. I come from a crazy home life, I know that's not an excuse but life has been rough for me these last few years since graduation. 

Now, I have my own apt in my name, living with my long time boyfriend, my own car, and a full time job. I keep thinking about the future a lot. How am I gonna work, go to school, and handle a newborn? 

I KNOW it will be hard, but I'm not giving up on getting my schooling done. 

So my question is, what are some good career choices? I was thinking about going to become an LVN. That's 1.5 years of school. I would do that at Galen, which is a school that only does nursing programs. Then after that, I could become an RN.... However, it's a trade school. So I wouldn't feel like that's sufficent. Going to a regular college would make this process SO much longer, as I'd have to get my basics done and that'll take a couple years alone. 

I want to provide my future child with the best possible life I can. Not having a degree and a career is not an option for me. I'd feel like a failure. 

What would you suggest? What would you do? WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER A FIRST TIME MOTHER? 

My head is spinning here, I'm sorry this post is all over the place. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-21):
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Go to a community college and get your associate degree in nursing. You can become an R.N.  Vocational/trade schools don't transfer credits and it is very costly.  I wouldn't waste your time and money on trade school, if really all you want to do is become a R.N.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN