Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Submissive wife...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not a submissive wife, but I have cousins that are, and I find it completely tragic.

One of my cousins in particular, is very open about it and brags about how great her life is, and yada yada yada...She claims how romantic her hubby is because he told her that it would be okay for her to take a nap today....How the hell is that even remotely romantic. And when I speak to her directly, he ALWAYS cuts her off, and speaks for her. I never actually get to speak to my cousin. When I was in college, I was at a family function and they were there, and she had gotten a moment away from him, and she asked me how life was going, and I was telling her what I was studying in school, and then he pops in and says, You're studying what? Oh, a woman doesn't need to know any of that. What you should do, is find yourself a man to take care of, and let the men worry about things like that...

I left...fuck that. If I had stayed I'd have thrown something at him.

He doesn't treat her well...I'm almost positive hes cheating on her too.

I have another cousin who is, or was a submissive wife, but her husband is divorcing her because she said that he told her, that she was boring, and his life was going no where with her. So no shes stuck with two kids, hasn't had a job in 8 years, and now she has it in her head that no one wants her because shes too boring.

Its fine if you want to be a submissive wife, just be careful, because you could end up with a shitty husband that really, just uses you to do his laundry. Thats what all the submissive wives I know, have become.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not about being subsmissive, it's about the fact they married jerks.

mhaney03
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

ugh not this shit again

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I would rather be alone than with a man who thinks a nap is a treat! BITCH... I sleep until I get up on Saturaday since I am all work Mon-FrI.... damn Doms

Beautiful31mom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Yep

Quoting la_bella_vita:

It's not about being subsmissive, it's about the fact they married jerks.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM

ok i am what some would view as a submissive wife in that i prefer tradition gender based roles, its not a bad thing.

Eshadowgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH rules the roost, BUT I Rule The Rooster!!!! Thats how it works in my house. We have a partnership in our marriage. His decision making is important, but he always respects my imput and my decisions too.

tharealty2
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

you could end up with the same not being a submissive wife.  I know plenty of loud mouthed, dominant women who don't take ish from no one - but their man.  Its not always as apparent, but just the same.  The fact is,. being used and abused,. is not about whether you are submissive or not.

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are not examples of submissive wives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
This sounds controlling, not submissive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I am pretty lost here; can someone enlighten me on what this is? I have seen posts about collaring, and things like that... What does being a submissive wife really mean?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured