Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (101-104):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:14 PM
No it's not extreme it happens all the time.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Ok thats one extreme case. And us unfortuante as it is, the majority of marijuana users DONT go that route. I get your reasons. But its not the marijuana that made this person bad. Seems he was bad news anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's been 3 years since I drank, I never had a drinking problem, but my ex did so I gave it up completely so I wouldn't be a stumbling block for him. I hate alcohol for that reason, drugs too, he'd smoke weed then before you know it he was smoking crack. I have zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol. The next man in my life won't do neither because I don't want to be with anyone that does.

Quoting StevieMarie:

I think thats exactly what makes it ok. Its done wonders medically, it helps people, has proven to be safer than alcohol and stimulates brain activity without being a so called "upper". I ws raised to see the drastic difference in those drugs versus marijuana. My parent had a saying close to the one in Knocked Up. "no pills, no powders, If it grows in the ground its PROBABLY ok" I smoked ALL of highschool pretty much non stop and had amazing grades (3.8-4.0 GPA) and lettered in varsity volleyball since I was a sophomore. Ten bucks says I couldnt have pulled that off on cocaine or meth. I never got into legal trouble and have a single parking ticket on my record to date. Alcohol is considered a drug and deemed more damaging than marijuana. Have you ever drank?  

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Ahh I understand your views one hundred percent!!!!

Quoting LucyHarper:

It has a high environmental impact and making it more available will increase the number of people who use it and people will be less careful about how they use it, it no longer will be an at home thing, it will be people walking down the street, it impacts judgement and makes people do things the wouldn't normally do. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kate80
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I say legalize and tax. I would teach my kids the same thing as I would about an mind altering substance. Caffeine, nicotine, etc. All of them can be habit forming and dangerous. You can use them occasionally or they can use you forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Well, even if it did, its not due to the plant were discussing. Its cause the person couldnt control themseles, where as millions of other users can.

Quoting Anonymous:

No it's not extreme it happens all the time.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Ok thats one extreme case. And us unfortuante as it is, the majority of marijuana users DONT go that route. I get your reasons. But its not the marijuana that made this person bad. Seems he was bad news anyways.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's been 3 years since I drank, I never had a drinking problem, but my ex did so I gave it up completely so I wouldn't be a stumbling block for him. I hate alcohol for that reason, drugs too, he'd smoke weed then before you know it he was smoking crack. I have zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol. The next man in my life won't do neither because I don't want to be with anyone that does.

Quoting StevieMarie:

I think thats exactly what makes it ok. Its done wonders medically, it helps people, has proven to be safer than alcohol and stimulates brain activity without being a so called "upper". I ws raised to see the drastic difference in those drugs versus marijuana. My parent had a saying close to the one in Knocked Up. "no pills, no powders, If it grows in the ground its PROBABLY ok" I smoked ALL of highschool pretty much non stop and had amazing grades (3.8-4.0 GPA) and lettered in varsity volleyball since I was a sophomore. Ten bucks says I couldnt have pulled that off on cocaine or meth. I never got into legal trouble and have a single parking ticket on my record to date. Alcohol is considered a drug and deemed more damaging than marijuana. Have you ever drank?  

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)