Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Same here.

Quoting beerabitch69:

I don't smoke but I am all for it being legal.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I don't smoke but I think it should be legal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I think it is fine, if used responsibly.
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
It's what ever ppl make a huge deal over some things that make no sense. I guess if it is goin to bother your income or something then you might get pissy but I mean I personally don't care :-/ neither I or dh smoke it or sell it or buy it so I din care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

This. Absolutely. I don't smoke, didn't even enjoy it when i did it the few times i did but I definitely think it should be legalized. This is not a harmful drug. No one smokes a joint then commits a robbery or rapes someone... or even prostitutes themselves so they can buy more. It's pot. It makes you chillllll. Our prisons are way too full of people who committed mj related crimes when this drug should be freaking legal. 

I haven't done any research on it but i'm betting the gov would make money if they legalize it. I know they'd have to pay ppl to regulate it but how many ppl are they paying to efforce the law right now? Between taxes on it and freeing up space in our prisons I'm pretty sure we'd do ok.

Quoting beerabitch69:

I don't smoke but I am all for it being legal.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I like to indulge in it every so often. I say legalize and tax it so jails aren't so over crowded we let out sex offenders and murderers to make room
priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I am glad I live in a state where marijuana is legal =]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I think they should legalize it and regulate it similarly to alcohol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)