Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM
You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you teach that it is a drug? It can also be used very successfully as a medicine. Will you teach that also?

Quoting Reepicheep.CSL:

I don't think it should be legalized. I will teach my children that it is a drug and won't be welcome in my house and neither will the person who uses it. The same goes with under aged drinking and smoking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM
My only hesitation is the dui aspect of it. If there was a reliable way to test a person like we do with alcohol, I would support legalizing it.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

It has a high environmental impact and making it more available will increase the number of people who use it and people will be less careful about how they use it, it no longer will be an at home thing, it will be people walking down the street, it impacts judgement and makes people do things the wouldn't normally do. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Is alcohol okay?

What makes marijuana not okay ?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Legalize it and tax the living shit out of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

All for legalization. I don't smoke, but it does wonders for my husband's PTSD and pain from multiple surgeries he needed after he was injured in Iraq. Not sure how I'll approach the subject for my children yet.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think it will EVER be legal for someone to just walk down the street smoking marijuana. It isnt legal to walk down the street drinking alcohol why would marijuana be any different?

Quoting LucyHarper:

It has a high environmental impact and making it more available will increase the number of people who use it and people will be less careful about how they use it, it no longer will be an at home thing, it will be people walking down the street, it impacts judgement and makes people do things the wouldn't normally do. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

What makes marijuana not okay ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting Anonymous:

skittlefart
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I'm going to have a hard...very hard time educating my child about this one..
Honestly, I have no problem with people who want to do it, just as long as it's not brought around me...
I'm hoping that my son will treat it as a medical substance and not abuse it, stay away from it unless perscribed, you know...blah blah...but seriously, I'm hoping he will not touch it.
All I can do is hope.  

100_3402_zpscc9632ae-1_zps98432025
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)