Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you answer my other question also. Why is marijuana not okay? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

What makes marijuana not okay ?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Because it's a drug

Quoting priceless3238:

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting Anonymous:

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM

It could easily be treated as cigarettes. Even if it isn't, I listed other reasons.

Quoting priceless3238:

I dont think it will EVER be legal for someone to just walk down the street smoking marijuana. It isnt legal to walk down the street drinking alcohol why would marijuana be any different?

Quoting LucyHarper:

It has a high environmental impact and making it more available will increase the number of people who use it and people will be less careful about how they use it, it no longer will be an at home thing, it will be people walking down the street, it impacts judgement and makes people do things the wouldn't normally do. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

What makes it a drug though? It is also a medicine. It has been used as a medicine much more than it has been used as a drug. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's a drug

Quoting priceless3238:

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Ecstasy used to be given for depression, it was not a "drug" when it was legal. No it is illegal and considered a drug.

Weed is not legal and considered a drug, so if it were legal it would not be considered one anymore (by drug I mean the illegal kinds you are speaking of).

And No I do not smoke.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
woot woot, I am kickinh ass with this answer ...lol
Liyoness
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Legalize and tax it - but ONLY general sales tax, none of those extras they put on cigarettes. Keep it at the same street prices it has been for decades now with the 12% (or whatever you pay) sales tax. NO RAISING PRICES!!!!! (Sellers will have to consider this if they think they're going to make more off of fancy packages..)

BUT, with that it should be fine to grow your own. Selling without going through the proper business channels should be something you get fined for, but it should not be a market that is held by an elite few.

Basically, treat it as you would any other plant.  (I originally wrote herb, but herbs probably aren't taxed, given that they are food products..) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a plant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's a drug

Quoting priceless3238:

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Quoting Anonymous:

428pm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

legalize it and tax it.  I'm Canadian and feel anything tha could cause a burden on the health care system should be taxed, like cigarettes and alcohol are.

I also think our tax money should be focused on dangerous crimes not towards housing potheads in our jails.

I smoke pot occassionally after my son's in bed.  The only bad thing it's ever led to was me devouring an entire family sized bag of ketchup chips.  Ok, that's pretty bad!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Legalize it! I occasionally smoke(when kids at at Dad's...), but I also realize the medical benefits. It's medically legal here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)