Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (61-70):
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

the environmental impact would be a good thing. Hemp yeilds fuell, paper, clothing, a great number of useful things. you need to do some research on the environmental end of things. ITs a wonderful medicine and doesnt make people crazy. Alcohol makes people do things they wouldnt normally do, too. Half my family smokes weed, most of the others are alcoholics. Guess which ones are healthier both mentally and physically?

Quoting LucyHarper:

It has a high environmental impact and making it more available will increase the number of people who use it and people will be less careful about how they use it, it no longer will be an at home thing, it will be people walking down the street, it impacts judgement and makes people do things the wouldn't normally do. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

So why against it? I'm just curious :)

Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I think it should be legalized. It isn't only useful as a drug. There are many things it can be used for and is more sustainable than the ways we are currently making things. Take paper for instance, we currently use trees which don't mature for over 20 years. We could use mj which matures in a few months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

IMO, if alcohol is legal, mj should be too. It is less dangerous, people don't go out and fight and act like an idiot when smoking. They don't go out and crash their cars and kill people. If I had to pick one I'd say legalize mj and make alcohol illegal. Since that's not gonna happen, I say it should be decriminalized and legal to possess and grow enough for personal use.

I don't smoke, I have before, it's not some horrible drug, it's not a 'gate way' drug. IMO when they teach DARE in school they are telling kids that mj is as bad as coke or herion, then when kids try mj they see it's not that bad so they assume the others must not be either. The DARE program lied to them....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Quoting LucyHarper:

I'm against legalizing it, and before someone tries to start with me, I'm not arguing about this. I teach my kids the dangers of it, it's chemical composition, and the effects it has on the body and the environment. I am willing to answer any reasonable questions.

Are you against the medical use for it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I do smoke. In a responsible way. It keeps me off way worse meds. It helps me keep weight on & from having anxiety. It should at least be medicinally legalized everywhere. I think that it's fine recreationally, better than booze. It ought to be taxed and the revenue given to fix our schools & ease the burden off the middle class
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
And how many stoners are out there? Cafemom is filed with them.
Quoting priceless3238:

What makes it a drug though? It is also a medicine. It has been used as a medicine much more than it has been used as a drug. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's a drug

Quoting priceless3238:

Can you answer my other question also. Why is marijuana not okay? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

What makes marijuana not okay ?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

so are prescriptions not okay?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because it's a drug

Quoting priceless3238:

Can you answer my other question also. Why is marijuana not okay? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate alcohol too

Quoting priceless3238:

Is alcohol okay?

What makes marijuana not okay ?

Quoting Anonymous:

You know perfectly well what those drugs do. Just because weed doesn't do what those other drugs doesn't make it ok.

Quoting StevieMarie:

How do you feel about it versus like cocaine and meth?

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

lilblu399
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it should be 100% legal. I would teach my kids the same way like cigarettes and alcohol, not until you're an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I dont smoke and dont care if anyone else does, I dont however wish to be forced to smell the smoke against my will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM
This.

Quoting cLanief:

I don't partake but I'm all for legalizing

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)