Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

While we're talking "touchy"

Posted by   + Show Post

Where does everyone stand on the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana? Im curious to know how responsible moms feel about its legalization. If no more states legalize it what will you teach your kids about it?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Replies (91-100):
wildlilacs
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I will teach my grands about weed like I taught their parents about alchohol. Responisible and in moderation. Dont let it control you. I will explain the pros and cons.
Im for legalization.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I knew you were, youre just the first to say anything and I thought that was funny.

Quoting mattiehatter:

I was kidding anyway. I tend to type exactly what I'm thinking and check spelling. 

Quoting StevieMarie:

Does it really matter how much or how little I post? lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

I've noticed quite a few posts started by you. It's funny. 

Quoting StevieMarie:

Post ho? Lol ok.

Quoting mattiehatter:

You have become quite the post ho. I think it should be legalized and then taxed like cigarettes. 

*I'm

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You're all about those deep thought posts.

Quoting StevieMarie:

I knew you were, youre just the first to say anything and I thought that was funny.

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

If its legal then I'm fine with it. My firm stance is that the proper way to go about things is fight with paperwork to make something legal, not just shrug, do it anyway, then cry when caught doing something illegal.

I have no problem with pot being legalized. I do have a big problem with people doing it illegal though because I don't agree with breaking the law.

Don't break the law. Change the law.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it should be completely legal with the same sort of age restrictions as alcohol. I think that it should be available for recreational use. I would absolutely teach my children about it as I will teach them about alcohol and responsible use. I would still rather my kids smoke pot illegally then drink alcohol. I think alcohol causes much more damage in every aspect.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Legalize it and tax it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Caffeine is also a drug.

Quoting Reepicheep.CSL:

It is a drug. Chances are my children will never need to use marijuana medicinally so no, I won't be telling them that they could smoke it for medicine. 

Quoting priceless3238:

Why would you teach that it is a drug? It can also be used very successfully as a medicine. Will you teach that also?

Quoting Reepicheep.CSL:

I don't think it should be legalized. I will teach my children that it is a drug and won't be welcome in my house and neither will the person who uses it. The same goes with under aged drinking and smoking.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Guess what? In the 1800s, cocaine, opium, AND marijuana were all used as medicine. Even with all the new medical advances, research and breakthroughs, marijuana is the onlly one still standing as a legitimate medicine. Its standing on CENTURIES of medical and scientific proof that it does more good than harm.

Quoting Anonymous:

In the 1800's they gave sick people opium. Then they talked about how the illness made them delirious. Lol I agree. It would be legal and therefore a plant. Most don't consider cigarettes drugs. Nicotine, yeah...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ecstasy used to be given for depression, it was not a "drug" when it was legal. No it is illegal and considered a drug.

Weed is not legal and considered a drug, so if it were legal it would not be considered one anymore (by drug I mean the illegal kinds you are speaking of).

And No I do not smoke.

Quoting Anonymous:

No way! I have a zero tolerance for drugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My weed smoking days were long ago but I don't have a problem with it being legalized.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM

You could definitely say that! lol. But mindless ones are fun too sometimes.

Quoting mattiehatter:

You're all about those deep thought posts.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured