Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Concord Mall calls police on woman breastfeeding in public

Posted by   + Show Post

This is woman was being questioned by the police (then her sister was questioned after her) because mall security reported them for exposing ourselves. The cop was once but says because the mall is private property, they can tell them to leave. They had a copy of the Delaware law with them but there is nothing about private property on here. Help ladies?!
This is my sister being questioned by the police (i was questioned after her)  because mall security reported us for exposing ourselves. The cop was once but says because the mall is private property, they can tell us to leave. We have a copy of the Delaware law with us but there is nothing about private property on here. Help ladies?!
This was posted on FB today!!!
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Replies (361-362):
christi34
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Hi regardless of it being public or private, as long as she is able to be there in the mall she is allowed by law to breast feed her baby. That's already been proven earlier in this post. 

Quoting autodidact:

Didn't say it wasn't. Still a public place, she still has a right to be there, which means she has a right to nurse.

Quoting CABZS:

The mall is privately owned.

Quoting autodidact:

No, it's a public place, and women have a right to breast-feed anywhere they have a legal right to be.

Quoting CABZS:

While I think it is ridiculous it is private property & have a right to ask people to leave for any reason.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quoting christi34:

Hi regardless of it being public or private, as long as she is able to be there in the mall she is allowed by law to breast feed her baby. That's already been proven earlier in this post. 

Quoting autodidact:

Didn't say it wasn't. Still a public place, she still has a right to be there, which means she has a right to nurse.

Quoting CABZS:

The mall is privately owned.

Quoting autodidact:

No, it's a public place, and women have a right to breast-feed anywhere they have a legal right to be.

Quoting CABZS:

While I think it is ridiculous it is private property & have a right to ask people to leave for any reason.

This is what I was told today. Anywhere you can bottlefeed, you can breastfeed. There are just as many, if not more, people who find bottlefeeding offensive as those that find breastfeeding offensive. The auhorities should  not cater to either. If one is not allowed, the other should not be.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN