Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would YOU think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

There is a guy that works in the building right next to mine. Every time we see each other, we pick and flirt at each other. All the people that he works with call me his GF and him my BF. He has never denied it, or even so much as told them to stop. He goes along with it.

Well, about a year ago, he got a GF. No one liked her, not even his own brother. None of his friends liked her, nor his co-workers. I tried to get along with her on the few occasions I would see her,  but I just couldn't. It got to the point that she wouldn't even acknowledge me when I would try to say hi to her, but he would, and it would piss her off to all high hell when we would talk. I had told him on several occasions that if me and him being friends could cause his relationship to fail, then I would stop talking to him. He wouldn't agree. He just kept saying that she will get over it. I later found out from his brother that this girl saw me as a threat.

We continued to be friends, but no where near as close to what we were before this girl. Eventually, we stopped talking all together. I would see his brother every now and then, and he would talk to me, of course, and tell me how every one was doing, and all that jazz. I got so sad and depressed in that time. His brother would tell me that he was sad too, that he wished we were still as close as we were before the GF, but I would tell him that I didn't want to be the reason his relationship failed. He said he understood, and it was left at that.

Then, a couple weeks ago, he came to me himself, and told me that him and his GF had split up, and he was living back with his brother. Since then, he has been uber chatty with me, just like he used to be before the GF. We see each other as often as we can while at work, and its almost like the GF never happened. He is even back to calling me * sweetheart * and * dear * and * honey * when he sees me. He has even left messages for me with my co-workers, and its always just simple stuff, like * he said hi * or * he said he will see you Saturday *.

I had gotten my hair cut and coloured just a few days ago, and have been getting compliments galore on it since. I knew when I went into work this morning that I would more than  likely see this guy, and I wondered what his reaction to my hair would be. He came over, and couldn't stop staring! He said he liked it....a lot. He also said that one of my co-workers had told him I was getting my hair done, and told him what it looked like. He told her that he hoped it wasn't short, because he liked me with my long hair. We talked for a little while, then he had to leave to get back to work.

My question for you ladies is this : If this was happening to you, what would YOU think was going on? Be honest with me ladies, I don't care how brutal you are.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobJar
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM
What going on?...flirting. Ask him out already b
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

bump

maryjmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

BUMP!

ElitestJen
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I think you two need to stop playing games and be honest with one another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM

bump

AMDS0304
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Sounds like you both really like each other ask him out.

JOEJULA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like high school all over again. ask him out

Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Games.....thats all it is...I call it MindF**king.

You flirt, play, talk..whatever. But your not bf/gf.  you havent been on a date....If he hasnt asked you, he probably wont. So either ask him...or move on.

Your coworkers...not even friends. Friends hang out and have lives outside of work.  Theres nothing there unless you BOTH want there to be.  As soon as he gets a new GF, you'll be old news again.

Go find someone who is worthy to be with you outside of the workplace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I do really like him. I just don't want to get hurt. I was going to ask him to go out with me and DD tonight. I was going to take her roller skating, and was going to ask him if he wanted to go, but he left his job before I got off work at mine, and he didn't stop by when he left, so I didn't get to ask him.  

Quoting AMDS0304:

Sounds like you both really like each other ask him out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
It sounds like he wants you as a back up. No offense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN