Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:26 PM
It's no different than a ring bought with a joint account.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TitaniumBiscuit
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I bought mine and DH's wedding rings.  No biggie.  3.5 years later, we are still very happy.  

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I picked out my engagement ring. I also picked out our wedding bands. I didn't buy them though. Whatever works, imho.

If you'd rather save up waiting for a ring, whateve.

layawatling
by Laya on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Weird. But whatever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wumbo
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, this is not a post on traditional ring practices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um,the man is traditionally supposed to buy the rings.

Quoting wumbo:

Did you buy your husbands wedding ring? Just wondering. 

Quoting beerebelly:

You bought your own ring? Tacky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Fuck her! I bought my ring from Walmart hours before the wedding and DH bought his at the mall.

I'm saving up for a diamond and there's a jewelry store down the street. I've always been an independent woman and no one is going to get me down because they feel bad about their situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I bought my and dh wedding bands... It was only 200 for the pair.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

How??? Only thing that should matter is that two people are happy together in the decision that was made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

This guy probably doesn't have a clue he's even getting married soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured