Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

No...I had told him before that I never wanted to get married to him because of what happened in my first marriage and I just didn't see the point in getting married.

Well I changed my mind, saw that I can't make decisions based on the past, and decided I wanted to get married, so I proposed.

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)
mommaharley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

We share a bank account. Does that mean it's "tacky" for that money to pay for our wedding rings?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I asked DH if he wanted us to get married and he said yes. I guess that means I proposed and three years later we're still married. You need to live outside the box at some point in your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Plain and simple.if her df wanted to marry her he would ask.seems she's in a rush to the alter.seems he's just not that into her.what kind of MAN would let a woman purpose and pay for the rings? Really.he said yes out of obligation.

Quoting Anonymous:

How??? Only thing that should matter is that two people are happy together in the decision that was made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

LadySlimm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM
HE picked the date, thank you. And my story is on page 5 about why I proposed

Quoting Anonymous:

This guy probably doesn't have a clue he's even getting married soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

don't feel bad because I bought our rings too. I am the breadwinner therefore I paid for them. big deal.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I paid for my ring because I picked if out. DF paid me back though. The proposal was a surprise :)
I see nothing wrong with buyin your own ring but the. Again I'm not traditional in the slightest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySlimm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM
He picked the date and the rest of the story is on page 5.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

LOL Your df is probably laughing at all that. You are a sucker, and way to be desperate. Does he know he is getting married soon?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Why does the man have to purpose? My SO wanted to purpose a long time before he did. He knew he wanted to marry me not long into the relationship. If I had purposed it would not have een a big deal. Most relationships now a days talk about getting married long before someone purposes so I don't see a big deal. Traditional is getting old. There is nothing wrong with a girl purposing and it doesn't maker her desperate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

No...I had told him before that I never wanted to get married to him because of what happened in my first marriage and I just didn't see the point in getting married.

Well I changed my mind, saw that I can't make decisions based on the past, and decided I wanted to get married, so I proposed.

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

SunnySideUp6
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I don't see the big deal about buying your own engagement ring.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySlimm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Wtf is your problem? Not enough love in your life? I just told my personal story. But I don't have to justify anything to you. It is what is working for me and DF and that is all that matters. Oh..and HE is buying the marriage license and HE picked the date.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)