Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Pathetic BEcause I bought my own rings???!! WTF

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my fake sis in law thinks im sad cus I bought our rings. he proposed, and i purchased our rings.  I did not want to wait forever for him to save up. At least im not still waiting like she is 6 years later cus she wants a $6000 ring and he makes $11.00 hr.haha . who hads the last laugh now. i've been happily married 3 years now, pretty wedding and she's still waiting because she "deserves " this type of fancy ring.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Replies (61-70):
LadySlimm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
OP...I really didn't mean to steal your post. You do whatever works for you and your fiance and forget what all others say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Actually it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does the man have to purpose? My SO wanted to purpose a long time before he did. He knew he wanted to marry me not long into the relationship. If I had purposed it would not have een a big deal. Most relationships now a days talk about getting married long before someone purposes so I don't see a big deal. Traditional is getting old. There is nothing wrong with a girl purposing and it doesn't maker her desperate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

No...I had told him before that I never wanted to get married to him because of what happened in my first marriage and I just didn't see the point in getting married.

Well I changed my mind, saw that I can't make decisions based on the past, and decided I wanted to get married, so I proposed.

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

This screams desperate to me.

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Ok and he will pay for the divorce too!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Wtf is your problem? Not enough love in your life? I just told my personal story. But I don't have to justify anything to you. It is what is working for me and DF and that is all that matters. Oh..and HE is buying the marriage license and HE picked the date.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

No...I had told him before that I never wanted to get married to him because of what happened in my first marriage and I just didn't see the point in getting married.

Well I changed my mind, saw that I can't make decisions based on the past, and decided I wanted to get married, so I proposed.

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

I proposed to my DF, so I bought myself a ring and am buying the bands, too. My engagement ring is being shipped to me as we speak :-)
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
My dh and I bought our rings together. We paid for them together. He mostly paid for them but I contributed. He proposed. What's the big deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySlimm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Do you even know how ignorant you sound? I am done with you, you obviously aren't smart enough to comprehend my story. Maybe you should go to bed before you give yourself a migraine trying to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Wtf is your problem? Not enough love in your life? I just told my personal story. But I don't have to justify anything to you. It is what is working for me and DF and that is all that matters. Oh..and HE is buying the marriage license and HE picked the date.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MidnightRambler
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM

If you had the money at the time and he didn't, what is wrong with buying your own rings? He still proposed to you (not that there's anything wrong with it if you had proposed, I'm just saying that obviously he has shown that he wants to get married). I wouldn't wait for him to save up the money either. Honestly, if my husband and I had both lacked funds at the time he proposed I would have worn a ring from a gumball machine.

My husband bought my rings, but I picked out my own so I could try a few different ones on. If I'm wearing it for the rest of my life it may as well look good on my hand. They look great and they didn't cost $6000 either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
So if the man doesn't want a long term relationship he won't purpose? It doesn't work that way. It's no longer the 1950's. you can leave your kitchen and be an actual person now

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does the man have to purpose? My SO wanted to purpose a long time before he did. He knew he wanted to marry me not long into the relationship. If I had purposed it would not have een a big deal. Most relationships now a days talk about getting married long before someone purposes so I don't see a big deal. Traditional is getting old. There is nothing wrong with a girl purposing and it doesn't maker her desperate.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Hahahaha!! Remember me when you're in divorce court sweetie! Desperate! Hahaha!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Do you even know how ignorant you sound? I am done with you, you obviously aren't smart enough to comprehend my story. Maybe you should go to bed before you give yourself a migraine trying to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Whatever helps you feel better!

Quoting Anonymous:

So if the man doesn't want a long term relationship he won't purpose? It doesn't work that way. It's no longer the 1950's. you can leave your kitchen and be an actual person now

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it does.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah ok! Lmao!

Quoting LadySlimm:

Not desperate at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LadySlimm:

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I bought my own too, I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured