Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Just looking to see if anyone ever done online classes... I failed one of my classes this term, & i was not allowed to continue the second half. In order to receive my credit for the course and remain fulltime i have to do it online ( no inclass classes until sept. ). I will be in school for my other courses (3) & online for one. How did you find it compared to inclass learning?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
idee
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I was better at online classes than in class. I could review the instructors words and did not have to take notes.

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM
This is for chemistry

Quoting laranadtony:

A little easier actually but it depends on the class.

My advisor said things like keyboarding, languages, and brushing up on software and applications is ok online as long as you have finals in a classroom but that I should not take any of my other classes online.

I only took keyboarding and excel online. I am taking spanish in the classroom but it is only once a week.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Quoting ninjakids:

This is for chemistry

Quoting laranadtony:

A little easier actually but it depends on the class.

My advisor said things like keyboarding, languages, and brushing up on software and applications is ok online as long as you have finals in a classroom but that I should not take any of my other classes online.

I only took keyboarding and excel online. I am taking spanish in the classroom but it is only once a week.

That is mostly memory, so yeah, I would excel online in that class better than in the classsroom.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
I prefer it. Can do it while the kids are asleep.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I hate online classes. I feel that it is not really teaching me anything or giving me more valuable tools verses when I attend classes in person. The goal of having instructors is to help you better understand the topic and subjects being taught. If you have a good instructor they will teach other tools not in the book and provide more resources and information. I prefer having the teacher and lecture, but then again I enjoy my interpreters. I think the online classes were crap, I pretty forgot most of what I did online verses the stuff I learned in class.

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Thats what Im scared of :( I did my ged myself..but that is all basic stuff. I failed chemistry after having tutors etc and being in class, hopefully this time it sticks..otherwise ill have to take pyshics... Which will be just as bad lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

I hate online classes. I feel that it is not really teaching me anything or giving me more valuable tools verses when I attend classes in person. The goal of having instructors is to help you better understand the topic and subjects being taught. If you have a good instructor they will teach other tools not in the book and provide more resources and information. I prefer having the teacher and lecture, but then again I enjoy my interpreters. I think the online classes were crap, I pretty forgot most of what I did online verses the stuff I learned in class.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I dont know if you can do this but...

I hate math, I fail math. I have a hard time devoting to math LOL

When I started school I decresed my schedule to lowest possible that financial aid would allow and did two easy classes, one hard, then math. I kept my schedule low until I finished my math....

This helped, it helped me not get overwhelmed with math and my other subjects.

I did manage to complete my math within one year, I am completely with math now.

Reduce your load if you have a class you know you will struggle so you can devote more to it and not be overwhelmed.

Quoting ninjakids:

Thats what Im scared of :( I did my ged myself..but that is all basic stuff. I failed chemistry after having tutors etc and being in class, hopefully this time it sticks..otherwise ill have to take pyshics... Which will be just as bad lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

wife_and_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM

ugh I have to take an Intro toh Psyc class online this semester.. I wanted to do in class but the only ones they had were night and I don't have a babysitter or it was at the other campus an hour and a half away and 'd still need a babysitter and someone to pick up my daughter from school.. Its one thing her having to be watched by someone else.. it's another in a vehicle with someone else.. 

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Almost all of my classes have been online. I do MUCH better in an actual classroom setting (depending on the class).
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I do online and love it.I love that its flexible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN