Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Just looking to see if anyone ever done online classes... I failed one of my classes this term, & i was not allowed to continue the second half. In order to receive my credit for the course and remain fulltime i have to do it online ( no inclass classes until sept. ). I will be in school for my other courses (3) & online for one. How did you find it compared to inclass learning?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Replies (31-38):
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Im at the lowest funding will cover me for :( anything gets dropped ill be switched to part time & ill be cut

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont know if you can do this but...

I hate math, I fail math. I have a hard time devoting to math LOL

When I started school I decresed my schedule to lowest possible that financial aid would allow and did two easy classes, one hard, then math. I kept my schedule low until I finished my math....

This helped, it helped me not get overwhelmed with math and my other subjects.

I did manage to complete my math within one year, I am completely with math now.

Reduce your load if you have a class you know you will struggle so you can devote more to it and not be overwhelmed.

Quoting ninjakids:

Thats what Im scared of :( I did my ged myself..but that is all basic stuff. I failed chemistry after having tutors etc and being in class, hopefully this time it sticks..otherwise ill have to take pyshics... Which will be just as bad lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

I hate online classes. I feel that it is not really teaching me anything or giving me more valuable tools verses when I attend classes in person. The goal of having instructors is to help you better understand the topic and subjects being taught. If you have a good instructor they will teach other tools not in the book and provide more resources and information. I prefer having the teacher and lecture, but then again I enjoy my interpreters. I think the online classes were crap, I pretty forgot most of what I did online verses the stuff I learned in class.

ryryab
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I was hard for me, because I had such a full schedule anyway, that finding time to do the work on my own was hard. I ended up writing the class into my week, with an hour for each credit hour scheduled, and I did my class work at the same time every week, otherwise, I'd forget. Other than that, I loved it, because I could go at my pace, and I didn't have to go to class, deal with other students too much, or listen to the teacher. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I think you should probably try and focus on why you are having such a hard time with your class (chemistry right?) What is it about the class you are not getting that makes it so hard...

I think there does come a time when we are struggling we need to focus on why we are struggling so we can find a solution to help us over come the struggle.

Maybe you are hesitant and lacking confidence in the class.

I have had this happen, mostly occured in my Java class. I totally froze and the class was just really hard for me. The teacher and myself trie dreally hard to figure out why I suddenly struggled with that class.... I never did really figure it out but I did find that I needed to break down my assignments into small sections. He was assigning large projects which did not work for me at all.

Quoting ninjakids:

Im at the lowest funding will cover me for :( anything gets dropped ill be switched to part time & ill be cut

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont know if you can do this but...

I hate math, I fail math. I have a hard time devoting to math LOL

When I started school I decresed my schedule to lowest possible that financial aid would allow and did two easy classes, one hard, then math. I kept my schedule low until I finished my math....

This helped, it helped me not get overwhelmed with math and my other subjects.

I did manage to complete my math within one year, I am completely with math now.

Reduce your load if you have a class you know you will struggle so you can devote more to it and not be overwhelmed.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

4lilbundles
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I really like all the online classes I've done. I had an easier time focusing and plus no surprise quizes lol

extremecheer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

What school is everyone going to online?

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I pretty much earned my whole business degree online. It depends on the teacher and how much work/reading they assign. Some teachers have less and some have more. As long as you can stay motivated and do all the reading and assignments you'll be fine. I did school online so that I could stay home with my daughter. I liked it and there will still be a lot of resources for you if you need help. :)

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Almost every college/community college now offers online classes.

Quoting extremecheer:

ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Im in my local community college.

Quoting extremecheer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)