Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If I hear this one more time...ETA update again w/pics pg 28 & 29

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, so this is my son. Yes, his hair is long. If you saw how hard he fights every time I cut his bangs, you would understand why I keep it long.

But I am so, so, so tired of everyone calling him a girl. I always dress him very boyish to try to prevent this, but sometimes I think I could write 'boy' on his forehead and people (especially women over the age of 60) would still call him a girl every time! Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: okay, I'm not an idiot. I know my son has long hair. I know that long hair is traditionally worn on girls. The point I was trying to make in this post was that everyone always assumes he is a girl, even when he is dressed like a boy. I just think it's weirder to assume that I dress my daughter like a boy than that I have a son with long hair!

For all the people who asked, I put pictures of him when he was tiny on page 28 and 29
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Replies (301-309):
Jess-Jax0711
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Awww, he's so cute!

Quoting redbutterfly666:

yes yes i get it all the time lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Cut his freaking hair
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM

He is Adorable and he has a boyish face NOT a girlish face

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM
I saw a boy. He's adorable!
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Quoting slvr115:

This is him at three months. This was my favorite stage of his hair. All sticky up :)

Well first, I would ask boy or girl? Then tell you how cute he is. When my daughter was little she would always be confused for a boy even in dresses. Then hmmm 2nd grade? She went and got a pixie cut and was wearing a CM Punk t-shirt and baggy jeans...no one thought she was a boy -_- in a dress she looks like a boy but in a wrestling shirt and baggy pants perfectly girly alright America!

Oh and your cat is totally my cats twin! lol

DOMTITI
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I went through that with my lil guy. However, I cut his hair and he still gets called a girl! They say he just has a "pretty" face;) It doesn't bother me nor my lil guy! He wanted a change, so we cut it! People really do not pay attention to kids clothing usually. But in my case, I get compliments about his outfits, he is dressed like a boy and is still called a girl;) whatever!! People are not observant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DOMTITI
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Here he is with his new cut! Such a punky guy;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Really?? You are a parent? Wow.. Grow up!

Quoting Anonymous:

Cut his ugly hair!!!!!!

Ankles
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM
He's so cute. My DS has longer hair to, he has curls that I just won't get rid of. People think he's a girl all the time. I could care less. Most of the time I don't even correct. People think DD is a boy a lot even though she has long hair and I put her in dresses. You can't when either way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)