Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone have any obnoxious but lovable pets they need to shame?  I do!

Here's Buffy's, add yours!  

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Replies (151-156):
priceless3238
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM

It is one of the biggest problems people have when they bring ferrets into the clinic and it is hard to help. They come to the vets and expect us to have a magical cure. You can keep it minimal but there is a distinct smell. It is of course overwelliming if someone DOES NOT take care of their ferret but it is always there. 

Quoting 428pm:

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting priceless3238:

You can bathe them without stripping them of their oils. You are SUPPOSED to clean them at least 2x a week but only use soap once a month if that. They loved their water play time. 

I work a lot with ferrets and no matter what they have a distinct smell. 

Quoting 428pm:

aaand that's why.  You bathed them too often.  The more you bathe them, the more dry their skin, the more oil they produce, the oil is what stinks.  Like I said, stinky ferrets is an owner problem.

Quoting priceless3238:

Eh I disagree. We had ferrets for years and they always had a very distinct smell. Cage was cleaned every day. Take outside and hosed down, ferrets got a bath twice a week. Even got some of the powder to help with smell and they still smelled. Only animals I had that did. 

Quoting 428pm:

ferrets don't smell unless they have an owner who doesn't care for them properly actually.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Ferrets smell like goblin piss lmao.

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

he shames himself.

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM

and this is Rascal.

mannerisms imply he may in fact be into dudes. 

ksueditz
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Can't download my pics, but our yellow lab, licks everything, couch, cupboards, walls. Makes me nuts! Also waits til we go to bed, then gets on the furniture but jumps off as soon as you walk in the room. Proving she knows she's not supposed to!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Bump for when I find a picture.
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

This is Chip....he's terrified of a Christmas decoration that I have....pissed himself as soon as he saw it...literally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)