Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grrr, Really dh? Really? Update with "recipes"

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 51 Replies

This is a vent.  Now first off, IF after calming down and a good night sleep, IF I'm still pissed and I feel that its something that needs to be adressed, I will talk to him, but I am not going to talk to him about something that could just be me being in pain, sick, pregnant, and tiered. I prefer to sit on something a little bit, think it through, before I talk to people about things.. that way, if its just me being bitchy then I'm not blowing things out of proportion.

Anywhoo.. so this morning I make dh homemade biscuits and gravy before he headed off to work.  I did cleaning, walked the 3 little ones 4 blocks to play in the snow, ran them up and down the sledding hill, walked back, put them down for naps, took one myself, had my neice over, made some of dh's favorites for dinner (homemade baked potato soup, and cream cheese pie, and homemade dinner rolls), I watched my neices, I did the best I could to keep up with everyone while limping around because I have sciatica and i'm 30 weeks pregnant, and I think i finally got the stomach virus going around.. yeah.  

I get the kids to bed, and lay down with our toddler who was overtiered and just didn't want to fall asleep.. finally.. finally.. get him to sleep and I fall asleep with him.. k.. I've been dealing with insomnia and I FINALLY am asleep.. in a deep sleep.. and what happens.. dh turns the damn friggin light on and wakes me up from the first deep sleep in a week.. and says.. "do you know where my xbox controller is"  (we have 4, but he wants the one with the key pad on it).. i have no friggin idea where it is. I get up and start looking around for it.. he.. he sits down on the couch and "looks" around for it.. like really, just scans the living room with his eyes.. seriously this is one of my pet peeves.. and he knows this.. when your looking for something, get up and move things around, look behind things, don't just sit there staring at the damn place thinking its going to pop out at you like waldo in a damn wheres waldo book.  if you don't see it, then get up and friggen look for it.  after about 10 min, he says.. "oh, don't worry about it babe, its not a big deal..."... not a big deal.. but big enough of a deal to wake me up from the first good sleep I've had in a while?  Thanks.. really friggin thanks.  I go potty, come back down stairs and the laundry is torn apart.. it was in the laundry basket apparently.. and he is't picking it back up.. nope, he is playing a damn game.  

I usually go out of my way for him, but damn, it pissses me off when he cannot think things through.  and it pisses me off more that he couldn't take 20 min to look for it before he woke me up.  I know he wasn't intentionally being an ass, but really.. he has a bad habit of NOT thinking things through some times. 

Here is the directions for what I cooked.. but keep in mind.. I don't follow recipies.. I just go with the flow for most things.  

for the soup I made a stock from sauteing onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in butter, then tossed in a ham bone and some left over ham from the other night, covered with water, added some salt and pepper and let simmer most of the day, then threw in some left over mashed potatoes till it all dissolved and some fresh diced potatoes, frozen corn, cheddar cheese, green onions, crumbled bacon, and cheddar cheese, let it simmer till the potatoes were nice and soft, then served topped with grated cheese (mix of pepper jack and cheddar)..

Rolls are easy, melt one stick of butter in one cup of milk on the stove till the milk just starts to boil, set aside and let cool.  in another bowl mix 2 tbs of yeast, and tbs of sugar, then mix in 1 cup warm water.. let set for 10 min.  add a dash of salt and milk and butter.  add 3 cups of flour, mix well, let sit for 30 min.  Kneed in 3 more cups of flour till dough is smooth and elastic.  form into balls, place in a greased baking pan (I do 9 x 13 and make 12 rolls), let dough rise for about 45 min, bake in 350 oven for about 20 min (till tops are brown and rolls sound hollow when you tap on them), take a sick of butter and coat the top once the rolls are right out of the oven....

cream cheese pie is 2 pks of cream cheese softened, 1/3 cup of lemon juice, one can of sweetened condensed milk.. mix well, pour into pie shells (makes 2 pies).. I usually do either gram cracker pie shells, or short bread.  Top with fruit topping (one bag of frozen fruit, 1/2 cup sugar, bring to a boil and simmer fora bout 10 min, then drain extra liquid off (this is good cold then mixed into milk for a drink),) let pie sit in fridge for about 1 hour before serving.  

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't help but grin a little reading this....
Sorry you're not sleeping well. It really does wear you down.
Can I please have the recipe for everything you said you fixed for supper?
Go relax mama...your DH sounds a lot like mine...loving yet oblivious sometimes.
Just be patient with him..no need to get all frazzled...but I know where you're coming from.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby5678
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww... I'd probably wanna blow a gasket too...but its good for you to wait! He probably wasn't thinking..I'd still say something, but wait til I was calm
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM
7 moms liked this
You're a better woman than I. I would've ripped him a new one for waking me up over something so stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM
OMG...
I think I would've stabbed my dh.
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM

that really sucks :( hope you're able to get back to sleep.  

but i agree. that sounds amazing.  please share!

Quoting stacefaceninja:

I couldn't help but grin a little reading this....
Sorry you're not sleeping well. It really does wear you down.
Can I please have the recipe for everything you said you fixed for supper?
Go relax mama...your DH sounds a lot like mine...loving yet oblivious sometimes.
Just be patient with him..no need to get all frazzled...but I know where you're coming from.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't say a word just smack him with the controller....when he's sleeping. :)
Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you should just calm down and talk about it later on. If you've been suffering insomnia lately, he prob didn't think you were asleep, or as deep asleep as you were. He may have figured since you're home all day, you may have seen the controller or known where it was. I don't know him, nor his mannerism, but just based on that I don't think he was being intentionally a prick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeenaStarr
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I know your mad but I actually laughed a little bit lol
I'd be upset too though! I'm sorry:( I think you should maybe address it with him
madisonsma08
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
A. I would of killed him!

B. What's cream cheese pie?
supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM

good that you are thinking clearly enough to sleep on it before saying something. you don't need anymore stress than you already have. good luck momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)