Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid can stay up as late as she wants

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
My girl is 6. I usually let her stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning on weekends because I have a 2 year old son who doesn't nap anymore so the late hours of the weekend are the only times we get together just us girls... How late can your school aged kiddos stay up on weekends??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heavenV
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM
11 pm. Mommy needs her free time... lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I am not a bed time nazi. They sleep when they are tired unless they have a hard time waking up in the morning then I make them go to sleep earlier. 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Oh lord he can stay up until 2 if I let him. He goes to ved at 10ish on the weekends though.

One time, he stayed up until 5 when he slept with my brother. He woke up late the next day and said he stayed up until the sun came hp almkat. He was around 4 at the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha unfortunately mine isn't a morning person so on school nights I have to enforce bedtime but on the weekends in just really glad to have some one on one time with her so usually she just goes to bed when I start to notice her getting really tired or when I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

Quoting locaporbebe:

I am not a bed time nazi. They sleep when they are tired unless they have a hard time waking up in the morning then I make them go to sleep earlier. 

mamalusbear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM

DS goes to bed when he's tired....sometimes it's 8pm and other times it's 11pm.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Lol I know the feeling...every once in a while I can't stand the fighting or questions anymore and I send them to bed so I can calm down before its time to sleep.

Quoting heavenV:

11 pm. Mommy needs her free time... lol
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I let my 9 year old go to bed when she's tired. She's a good kid who knows not to push limits and generally puts herself to bed no later than 10 on school nights. I usually let my 4 yo stay up until 10 if she wants, but she has to go tp bed by then. She still needs 12 hours or she's a grouch. 14 month old obviously does whatever, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM

my son 12 goes to bed at 9pm because he just can't stay up.

my daughter almost 11 goes to bed at 10pm she would stay up later, but I won't let her.

my son 4 falls asleep anywhere between 9 and 10

firefly63701
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM

My ds is autistic and adhd.  He needs meds to be able to sleep.  I give him his meds at the same time everynight.  I dont want to get his med schedule messed up. Also he never sleeps in, so no matter how late he may get to sleep, he is up between 6:30 and 7 every morning.  My dd does stay up later on weekends but is usually sleeping by 11 or earlier if she has been really active that day.  their 11 and 10.

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to bash you for lettiing you're kid 6 year old stay up that late but I would not let my child stay up that late at the age of 6 the latest I would let her stay up is 10pm that it now as she get older it would change but no latter then 1am.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN