Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Is living with your parents after you are 18 ok?

Options:

Yes

No

Only until X age (put in replies)

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 229

View Results

Once someone is 18, is it ok to live with their parents. Assuming this person is going to college or some sort of training and/or working? What if they have a child/ family?
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Replies (101-108):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Ofcourse. How many 18 year olds can afford to live on their own? I was home until 22.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM

It's a bit embarrassing but I guess if you need to then by all means, do so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

yes why not? especially in this economy! And its also a lot of times the other way around. The Parent(s) living with their kid. Because they dont wanna be lonley or becaus eof money issues as well.

Youngmother456
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies!!! I would put this in OP but I dont have an edits button.

I'm not against it I live with my mom but I think it depends on each situation.

Quoting Youngmother456:

Once someone is 18, is it ok to live with their parents. Assuming this person is going to college or some sort of training and/or working? What if they have a child/ family?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

loser teen mom alert. If you make so much than get out of his house. Not my fault your kids dad didn't stick around. Grow up, little girl.
coala
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I think that once a child has graduated HS and is going to college then it is ok.  If they are working FT then NO.  I am a person who believes in self-suffiency.  You can't be self-sufficient if you are living at home.  I will never throw my children out, but I won't let them live in my home forever either.  If families have fallen on hard time then moving home to get stable for a bit is ok.  I moved out at 17, home at 19 and back out 4 mos later.  I got myself into a tight spot and moved home and my parents let me pay rent and I was only there for 18 mos and haven't been back since.  There are areas where it is ok and times when it isn't.

mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I'm not sure. I've been on my own since 19. I've never even lived in the same state as my family and have never depended on them for anything..

I'm not sure how i would feel about my son living with me as an adult..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Wow. Lol i wasn't a teen mom. And obviously its not ur fault he didn't stick around. I didn't sleep with your ugly ass! Aren't you so judgmental? Hope you never fall on hard times ya know? Lol don't throw stones.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

loser teen mom alert. If you make so much than get out of his house. Not my fault your kids dad didn't stick around. Grow up, little girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN