Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

This does not mean treat people how they treat you, it means if you want to be treated with kindness and respect, treat other people with kindness and respect. It doesn't mean if you treat someone good and they treat you bad, then you should treat that person bad. Stay true to who you are, stay true to how you want to be seen, stay true to how you want to be treated. These are words I try my hardest to live by.

What's your favorite quote and why, if there's a specific reason?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land among the stars. - I believe that was by Aristotle.

It was my inspiration that helped me fight so hard to go to, and finish, college.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:35 AM

That actually made me think of a song... I think it's called "Illusion," by VNV Nation.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you follow everyones opinion, it's like following a fly-you will land onto shit.

428pm
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

also, free advice is worth every penny.

I told my Ex mil when my son was a baby the millionth time she told me I should do something different.

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!!! Many grats on completing college!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Shoot for the moon. If you miss at least you'll land among the stars. - I believe that was by Aristotle.

It was my inspiration that helped me fight so hard to go to, and finish, college.

SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

"Dont focus on the one guy that hates you in life. you dont go to the park and have your picnic next to the one pile of dogshit"

this has always resenated with me. when i was a teen it bothered me that this one girl had issues with me. then i got over it and thought fk it fk you who the fk cares. and i stopped caring.

then in my working life i realised how true this is in life and have stuck with this thought. focus on who and what is good in life :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:38 AM

I would NOT want to have a picnic next to THAT...... lol

Great quote =D

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

"Dont focus on the one guy that hates you in life. you dont go to the park and have your picnic next to the one pile of dogshit"

this has always resenated with me. when i was a teen it bothered me that this one girl had issues with me. then i got over it and thought fk it fk you who the fk cares. and i stopped caring.

then in my working life i realised how true this is in life and have stuck with this thought. focus on who and what is good in life :)

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe

MissMal1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this

"What Susie says of Sally says more of Susie than of Sally"

It's cute, and something I constantly need to remember!

Otherwise, I have tonnes and tonnes on my pinterest!

I like this one particularily:

"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind."

-Caroline Myss

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this
"If one dream should fall & break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up & begin again." - Flavia Weedn
mamakenzi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)