Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Come SAHMS Make All The Top Conversations?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everytime I log on to CM I see another SAHM post had made a top conversation.

I am a SAHM and have been for many years.Why the SAHM obsession from everyone?From what we do all day,to posts about we are ruining our lives,or resenting our kids??Are you kidding me!

Can anyone say anything nice about us?Like how devoted we are to our family,how much we love our husbands and kids,the sacrafices we make to be at home,and how beloved and appreciated we are by our family.

I get tired of the put downs and assumptions.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
bluemountain75
by SoftballMom on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Far from being jealous. However I do not bash SAHM's like some do.

Quoting Anonymous:

because the working moms are jealous

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Amen to that. And try squeezing in cooking dinner, cleaning the house helping with homework making lunches and bath time all on those two hrs then come talk to me. Being a sahm is way easier. I would do anything to he able to stay home

Quoting Anonymous:

sacrifices? sacrifices???

when you get 4 hours of sleep in between work shifts, and when your work schedule only allows you to see your kids for 2 hours every few days you can call it sacrifice.

i was a sahm for 6 years. i would love to give up my sacrifice to be able to be one again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Amen to that. And try squeezing in cooking dinner, cleaning the house helping with homework making lunches and bath time all on those two hrs then come talk to me. Being a sahm is way easier. I would do anything to he able to stay home

Quoting Anonymous:

sacrifices? sacrifices???

when you get 4 hours of sleep in between work shifts, and when your work schedule only allows you to see your kids for 2 hours every few days you can call it sacrifice.

i was a sahm for 6 years. i would love to give up my sacrifice to be able to be one again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Probably because there is a great deal of SAHMs who act like they are better than working moms.

Working moms get insulted by SAHMs all the time, of course there will be retaliation.

I have been told that *I*, as a working mom, am letting other people raise my children. I have been told that I am just pushing my children off on other people. That my children are going to resent me for never being around. I have been told that I don't work as hard as SAHMs do, as if when I am at work all day providing for my family I am just doing NOTHING.

I don't understand the whole SAHM vs working mom shpeel anyway.

I personally say FUCK YOU if you think you are better than me. Parenting is not a fucking pissing contest. As long as the children you have are happy and healthy and thriving, then it's no one's business how you parent, or your household role.

You know, it would be ideal for me to stay at home, but I wasn't dealt that hand. I have no choice but to work to provide for my kids.

If your family can afford for you to stay at home, more power to you. I personally don't hate you for it. But the reason why SAHM bashing posts are always top conversations is mainly because those posts are full of arguments. Women love to argue. Women love to prove who's better, when in parenting, we should all be equal. Well, equal unless you're a child abuser or what-not.

There will always be holier than thou sanctimommies who act like their shit doesn't stink. And unfortunately, from what I have seen, most of those mommies are SAHMs, hence the large retaliation from other moms.

I'm not saying it's right, but that is the reason.
jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM
There is just as much bashing of working moms, if not more.
Panty.Pirate
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM
YES! Yes there is!

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

There is just as much bashing of working moms, if not more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM

That's what I say!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I don't think $50/wk is expensive. That's what I pay for daycare.
aimlee
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I was getting an xray and the tech was making small talk and said "what kind of work do you do?" I said " I am a SAHM to my 2 wonderful children, best job I ever had". He responded and said "so you dont work right now?" How rude can people get.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)