Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Come SAHMS Make All The Top Conversations?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everytime I log on to CM I see another SAHM post had made a top conversation.

I am a SAHM and have been for many years.Why the SAHM obsession from everyone?From what we do all day,to posts about we are ruining our lives,or resenting our kids??Are you kidding me!

Can anyone say anything nice about us?Like how devoted we are to our family,how much we love our husbands and kids,the sacrafices we make to be at home,and how beloved and appreciated we are by our family.

I get tired of the put downs and assumptions.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Bump, so OP, I see you're not actually taking in what other's are saying in response.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Different strokes for different folks.  I found it MUCH easier to be a working mom than to be a stay at home mom.  So I will never say that stay at home moms don't work!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week. I make good money and get 4 days with the kids a week so i am in a good place now. I don't know why we have to label it... I guess I'm a working mom but really I'm just Brooke
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Why do you feel you need praise from strangers? If you do what you do with pride you shouldn't need others to validate that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Um are you serious? You must see what you WANT to see because the mothers who work or hve their child in daycare get BASHED 24/7 around here
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I agree here! Ive been both, currently Im a SAHM. And to me personally, being a SAHM is easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because there is a great deal of SAHMs who act like they are better than working moms.

Working moms get insulted by SAHMs all the time, of course there will be retaliation.

I have been told that *I*, as a working mom, am letting other people raise my children. I have been told that I am just pushing my children off on other people. That my children are going to resent me for never being around. I have been told that I don't work as hard as SAHMs do, as if when I am at work all day providing for my family I am just doing NOTHING.

I don't understand the whole SAHM vs working mom shpeel anyway.

I personally say FUCK YOU if you think you are better than me. Parenting is not a fucking pissing contest. As long as the children you have are happy and healthy and thriving, then it's no one's business how you parent, or your household role.

You know, it would be ideal for me to stay at home, but I wasn't dealt that hand. I have no choice but to work to provide for my kids.

If your family can afford for you to stay at home, more power to you. I personally don't hate you for it. But the reason why SAHM bashing posts are always top conversations is mainly because those posts are full of arguments. Women love to argue. Women love to prove who's better, when in parenting, we should all be equal. Well, equal unless you're a child abuser or what-not.

There will always be holier than thou sanctimommies who act like their shit doesn't stink. And unfortunately, from what I have seen, most of those mommies are SAHMs, hence the large retaliation from other moms.

I'm not saying it's right, but that is the reason.
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

because the working moms are jealous

If you don't want it to be assumed that you are lazy, please don't assme that we are all jealous. 

pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Those who are happy with their station in life do not need justification or gratification from others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I'm a SAHM and think this post is ridiculous. I see working moms getting bashed all the time
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Aaaaaaannnnnnnd... you just did it yourself. 

Why is there a need to state how "hard" you have it? Why is there a need to be "justified" in what you do for your family? Why do you care what others think about your life and choice to be a SAHM? 

I find these posts hilarious personally. I don't care what others think of me and what I do with my life. I have a degree, yet I'm a SAHM. Why? I wanted to do so. I don't find it hard. I never have, but I have 2 pretty easy kiddos too. Do I juggle things? Yep..it comes easy since I'm a Type A personality. 

I don't need vailidation and I just can't fathom why anyone else does..we are all moms- busy moms. Working, stay at home, it doesn't matter. What matters is our children. If they are cared for and loved, who cares what a mom chooses to do...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN