Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Come SAHMS Make All The Top Conversations?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Everytime I log on to CM I see another SAHM post had made a top conversation.

I am a SAHM and have been for many years.Why the SAHM obsession from everyone?From what we do all day,to posts about we are ruining our lives,or resenting our kids??Are you kidding me!

Can anyone say anything nice about us?Like how devoted we are to our family,how much we love our husbands and kids,the sacrafices we make to be at home,and how beloved and appreciated we are by our family.

I get tired of the put downs and assumptions.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I do what works best for my family. You do what works best for your family end of story.

Being a Mom is hard enough without arguing about everything else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Working moms get bashed all the time here. Something like 85% of women on here are married and SAHMs. I was told I should quit my job and go on welfare and that I'm an irresponsible mom for being single and not looking for someone to support me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I get put down by my SO for being a sahm and it is totally unfair. Financially, it doesn't make sense for me to work because with the cost of childcare, I would basically be working just to pay for childcare. On top of that, I'm unable to work anyway.
He thinks that because he gets up and leaves the house, that constitutes as work, but because I take care of our daughter and the house, that doesn't qualify as work. I may not get paid, but I bust my ass and he doesn't see it. It's very frustrating, and all he can say is "you don't get it". Then I get something thrown in my face about how he watches and plays with her when he gets home from work, so he knows what it's like to be with her all day. Sorry, the 3 hours he is home before she goes to bed.
With all that said, I have a great deal of respect for sahm's, and I have friends who are working moms so I see how hard it is for them, I also have a great deal of respect for working moms. Whatever works best for your family is what you gotta do, and I don't bash either side.
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I don't put down anyone nor do I look for validation from a bunch of strangers. If you do a wonderful job at home then that works for your family and you should be proud and happy with that. Why let people you don't even know tell you how you should feel or what you should do?

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
The pissing contest is getting old. Do what works for your family & don't worry about what other people think about it. I believe in the 3 F rule: if you're not fucking me, feeding me, or financing me, your opinion means jack shit. I've been a sahm & a working mom and I know both sides have pros & cons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Well your post is a top conversation right now and it's about being a SAHM....so?

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I work, I see many positive comments on SAHMs on here so not sure what you are talking about...negative too sure but more positive. You are right though, the ones that make the top posts are the ones of women saying they don't want to be ( but it's not for everyone, just like being a working mom isn't for everyone).  I work from home and my husband and I have the ability to flex our schedules around our daughter so we only need a sitter once a week, no daycare.  We are extremely lucky, I feel like I get the best of both worlds, a paycheck and I see my DD during the day too.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Wow, sorry your SO doesn't appreciate what you do by being a sahm. Did he have any say in the decision for you to stay home? I notice a lot of the unsupportive spouses are the ones who feel like they didn't get a say in the decision or they have no respect for the sahm position.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get put down by my SO for being a sahm and it is totally unfair. Financially, it doesn't make sense for me to work because with the cost of childcare, I would basically be working just to pay for childcare. On top of that, I'm unable to work anyway.

He thinks that because he gets up and leaves the house, that constitutes as work, but because I take care of our daughter and the house, that doesn't qualify as work. I may not get paid, but I bust my ass and he doesn't see it. It's very frustrating, and all he can say is "you don't get it". Then I get something thrown in my face about how he watches and plays with her when he gets home from work, so he knows what it's like to be with her all day. Sorry, the 3 hours he is home before she goes to bed.

With all that said, I have a great deal of respect for sahm's, and I have friends who are working moms so I see how hard it is for them, I also have a great deal of respect for working moms. Whatever works best for your family is what you gotta do, and I don't bash either side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I used to be an Actress and now when I meet people and they ask what do I do, I say, Well, I've taken on the BEST ROLE of my life, and that's being a MOMMY!!!  even though, I'm also a college student & homemaker. I don't think they have to know if I'm a working or staying home mommy.

momtomy7kids
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I think it's because people are jealous of us, I've always been a SAHM and always will be.

Michelle
Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and EDD 7-29-13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)