Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We all want equality, right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Whether you're black, white, asian, gay, straight, young, old, man, woman, we all want to be treated as equals, right? Well, I think it's time we start demanding a new type of equality. Equality in parenting. It shouldn't matter whether you're a mom, a dad, you work, or you stay at home. All that should matter is that you're children are happy, their alive, their healthy, and they're taken care of.

"Day care raises your children, not you." This is a cruel statement that many stay at home mom's use to bring down the working mom. Why would any mom, want to intentionally bring down the spirits of another mother. They are both fighting the same fight in the end. The fight of bringing up a child the best way they personally can. Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford the financial obligations of parenting, without working. This does not mean that one should not have children if she cannot afford to stay home. Becoming a parent is an amazing thing, and everyone who desires a child should be able to experience it. Some moms choose to have careers. There is nothing wrong with balancing wearing the hats of wife, mother, CFO. Just because a working mother doesn't spend every moment of life with her children, doesn't make her a horrible person, or a bad mom. She is no different from you or I. Also, it's not like the working mom's job is done when she punches that time clock. She then comes home to cook, clean, help with home work, do laundry, make it to sporting events, and dance recitals. She comes home to take over as mommy.

"It's not like you actually work." This a common thought or statement many working moms use to bring down a stay at home mom. Stop doing this, people! If you're a mother, you already know how draining (yet rewarding) it can be. Chasing after children, cleaning up after them all day long, dealing with tantrums, and the constant preparing and cooking of food, followed by the constant washing of dishes. This is work. And if you're a working mom, you come home and do this too. Doing it all day, day in and day out is very tiresome. Then you factor in other things like doctor's appointments, errands, play dates, and childrens sporting events or dance classes and you become a very busy personal assistant to some very demanding bosses. It is just as much work as any day job you could work.

We are not in competition. We are mothers. We should be helping and encouraging one another. Not hurting and hindering.

There was a meme I saw the other day, and I did not like it. It said "Finally, I am off work for the day, said no stay-at-home-mom, ever." The truth is. Whether you work or stay at home, when you are a PARENT, you are NEVER off from the job.

Quit it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I get what you're saying.  I'm just saying that I gave up seeing respectful disagreement around here long ago.  I visit my other groups for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont take any thing on cafemom to heart. I've been a member since 07.

there is a difference between rude honesty and rude pointless insults.

There is nothing wrong with straight forward honesty.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Then you're in the wrong group.  Confessions is the place that rude calls home.  You can't take what women write here to heart, about any topic.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You can do what you want, it's a free country. However, I personally don't condone bringing someone down or insulting them because of how they do things differently just for fun. That's just rude.

Quoting CoolRelax:

I don't think the cm sahm vs working mom posts are oppressive.  They are opinions, and not especially valid ones at that.  

Women love to argue, don't mess with our fun, lol.

angevil53
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Yes i agree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I agree, but there isn't anything you can do about it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Not all parenting is equal. Reality.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Working moms should look at stay at home moms as their equal and vise versa. That is what I am saying. It's not a competition, we are all working for the same goal. To raise a helathy child in scary world and have them grow up and be as amazing as they want to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

angevil53
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I certainly don't come here for that. This is where i laugh at women who act cray about someone's car seat! Haha. Yes i erf BUT it's not for everyone so istfu about it.

Quoting CoolRelax:

I get what you're saying.  I'm just saying that I gave up seeing respectful disagreement around here long ago.  I visit my other groups for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont take any thing on cafemom to heart. I've been a member since 07.

there is a difference between rude honesty and rude pointless insults.

There is nothing wrong with straight forward honesty.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Then you're in the wrong group.  Confessions is the place that rude calls home.  You can't take what women write here to heart, about any topic.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You can do what you want, it's a free country. However, I personally don't condone bringing someone down or insulting them because of how they do things differently just for fun. That's just rude.

Quoting CoolRelax:

I don't think the cm sahm vs working mom posts are oppressive.  They are opinions, and not especially valid ones at that.  

Women love to argue, don't mess with our fun, lol.

julie515
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Well, other people could feel that it was a jab to sahm saying they didn't do a lot. Seriously, jokes can be taken the wrong way a lot. Memes are meant to be funny and make people think or prove points of view. This one was just funny. I mean, what about single dads or sahd's? They could be annoyed with this meme.

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean, who isn't relieved to get home to their kids? But I feel like it was a jab at working moms, and I don't like that

Quoting julie515:

The meme made me laugh. I used to be a single working mom and I would be glad to be off work. However, the drama is annoying and I agree with not judging a person's working status.

quietbookworm
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Good post.

julie515
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
True. Or we would all be serial killers.

Quoting Anonymous:

kris0921
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM
True.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN