Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We all want equality, right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Whether you're black, white, asian, gay, straight, young, old, man, woman, we all want to be treated as equals, right? Well, I think it's time we start demanding a new type of equality. Equality in parenting. It shouldn't matter whether you're a mom, a dad, you work, or you stay at home. All that should matter is that you're children are happy, their alive, their healthy, and they're taken care of.

"Day care raises your children, not you." This is a cruel statement that many stay at home mom's use to bring down the working mom. Why would any mom, want to intentionally bring down the spirits of another mother. They are both fighting the same fight in the end. The fight of bringing up a child the best way they personally can. Some people aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford the financial obligations of parenting, without working. This does not mean that one should not have children if she cannot afford to stay home. Becoming a parent is an amazing thing, and everyone who desires a child should be able to experience it. Some moms choose to have careers. There is nothing wrong with balancing wearing the hats of wife, mother, CFO. Just because a working mother doesn't spend every moment of life with her children, doesn't make her a horrible person, or a bad mom. She is no different from you or I. Also, it's not like the working mom's job is done when she punches that time clock. She then comes home to cook, clean, help with home work, do laundry, make it to sporting events, and dance recitals. She comes home to take over as mommy.

"It's not like you actually work." This a common thought or statement many working moms use to bring down a stay at home mom. Stop doing this, people! If you're a mother, you already know how draining (yet rewarding) it can be. Chasing after children, cleaning up after them all day long, dealing with tantrums, and the constant preparing and cooking of food, followed by the constant washing of dishes. This is work. And if you're a working mom, you come home and do this too. Doing it all day, day in and day out is very tiresome. Then you factor in other things like doctor's appointments, errands, play dates, and childrens sporting events or dance classes and you become a very busy personal assistant to some very demanding bosses. It is just as much work as any day job you could work.

We are not in competition. We are mothers. We should be helping and encouraging one another. Not hurting and hindering.

There was a meme I saw the other day, and I did not like it. It said "Finally, I am off work for the day, said no stay-at-home-mom, ever." The truth is. Whether you work or stay at home, when you are a PARENT, you are NEVER off from the job.

Quit it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (31-33):
supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM

well said and I couldn't agree more.

Ticker id: TdTfTicker id: cqHDTicker id: euteTicker id: vPtL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I don't agree with that.  I don't think you can lump all working moms together nor can you lump all SAHMs together.  There are some selfish working moms who rarely see their kids and just want to be able to afford their nice car and home and designer fashions.  Then there are SAHMs that do nothing but sit and watch TV all day ignoring the home and the kids.  So no, I don't look a any "group" of moms as my equal.  Some are better, some worse, and some equal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Working moms should look at stay at home moms as their equal and vise versa. That is what I am saying. It's not a competition, we are all working for the same goal. To raise a helathy child in scary world and have them grow up and be as amazing as they want to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all parenting is equal. Reality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
The roles a parent plays should be looked at as equal roles. It is only the action each individual takes that can bring them down. That is where someone's actions and the content of their character is what changes your view of them, not the role they play in the household. This is the same with any other individual in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't agree with that.  I don't think you can lump all working moms together nor can you lump all SAHMs together.  There are some selfish working moms who rarely see their kids and just want to be able to afford their nice car and home and designer fashions.  Then there are SAHMs that do nothing but sit and watch TV all day ignoring the home and the kids.  So no, I don't look a any "group" of moms as my equal.  Some are better, some worse, and some equal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Working moms should look at stay at home moms as their equal and vise versa. That is what I am saying. It's not a competition, we are all working for the same goal. To raise a helathy child in scary world and have them grow up and be as amazing as they want to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all parenting is equal. Reality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)