Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to get my tubes tied and he says no

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm done having kids, we decided on three and that's what we have. Our youngest is 3 and I'm done with the toddler stage and ready for the next chapter in our lives and for me that means permanent birth control like getting my tubes tied or essure. My husband thinks differently. He thinks we may want another child down the road and we will regret it but I know I won't. I love my kids to death but 3 is enough, I can't handle anymore.

I hate to go behind his back and get it done when he's out of town but I know I'm done having kids.

Let me clarify what I mean when I say getting it done behind his back. He works out of town for 6 weeks at a time. I'd secretly set up the procedure for a time when he's at work and I'd tell him either the night before or the day of when it would be too late for him to come home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Replies (211-211):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Just my opinion: your body, your decision. He's gone six weeks at a time? You're the one left with house and kid responsibilities. Get it done the way you've planned. If he wants another kid he can have one with someone else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN