Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support/ military question

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My ex is military, an E4 and I am trying to go for a review of our child support since he is paying based in him making about $1300 a month (before he went into the military). I filed 2 years ago for the review but he he never sent in the paper work and the court has been so backed up, they haven't done anything about it. So now I am going through child support enforcement (we have a case open with them).

Now to the actual question, he lives in the barracks for free. He could choose to move out on his own and he would get basic housing allowance, it would be about $900 a month. But the way it was explained to me, he basically waves the housing allowance to get to live in the barracks. Is child support calculated with or without the basic housing allowance? A friend of mine, who's DH is military said she thinks it's with. Does anyone know for sure? In child support, the difference would be close to $200 a month

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Kinda greedy aren't you?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM

it is without.  You are not entitled to any of his extra funds just his base pay.  That is around 1980 a month for E4s.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Idk, but I don't think you should get anymore. I know ill get blasted, for this but his advancement is his, not yours therefor you shouldn't benefit from it. And don't say, well its his kid, he owes the kid blah blah. He pays you enough. Give him visitation and the child will benefit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Where I live they do look at what your monthly expenses are when ordering support...Plus they don't look at BAH anyways I know that because I am a military wife and have plenty of military friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It will not count the BAH because he is not getting it because he chooses to live in the barracks....But even if he was living on his own and getting BAH you wouldn't get more because then he would have more bills to pay.

They do not calculate cs based on how many bills someone has.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I agree, though I can see why she would try it, if he's behind in cs payments...she probably wants to stick it to him!

Quoting CABZS:

Also, I have to say I think it is ridiculous that you want go after him like this & take from his BAH.  A fathe has a right to have a roof over his head as well.

Here you don't get much for $900 a month, now you want to take from that?  Not right.

KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Oh so if someone decided to have an iphone, or a red mustang, or furniture from rent a canter that E-4s cs will be less then the E-4 who doesn't have those things. I doubt it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where I live they do look at what your monthly expenses are when ordering support...Plus they don't look at BAH anyways I know that because I am a military wife and have plenty of military friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It will not count the BAH because he is not getting it because he chooses to live in the barracks....But even if he was living on his own and getting BAH you wouldn't get more because then he would have more bills to pay.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM

No he is paying, he'd be behind bc the courts are backed up & she wants moer money.  If she were to get it, it back dates so he'd owe her based on his *new* income.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree, though I can see why she would try it, if he's behind in cs payments...she probably wants to stick it to him!

Quoting CABZS:

Also, I have to say I think it is ridiculous that you want go after him like this & take from his BAH.  A fathe has a right to have a roof over his head as well.

Here you don't get much for $900 a month, now you want to take from that?  Not right.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Something tells me she meant necessary bills.

Rent, gas, electric, water, sewer, garbage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh so if someone decided to have an iphone, or a red mustang, or furniture from rent a canter that E-4s cs will be less then the E-4 who doesn't have those things. I doubt it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I believe only taxable income is counted. Bah isn't taxed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)