Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe it, that's what worked!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I have 3 kids, 15, 8 with ADHD, and 4 months old. Been married to second H for 11 months. He's great with my 8 y/o ds, not so great with my 15 y/o dd or OUR 4 month old dd. He works full time, I'm a sahm but retuning to work this month. I do it all around house and take care of baby and my 2 other kids. Mental breakdown on NYE. Didn't work. Talked to him numerous times about helping a little with house and children on his days off. Didn't work. Finally last night I got short with my precious dd and said "we are not doing this right now; you need to go to sleep!" I have never ever gotten short with her and feel bad about it. But guess what? It worked! I woke up this morning and H cooked breakfast and put dishes in dishwasher. Omg, it's a MIRACLE! He's at work so I texted him "I really appreciate you putting the dishes in dishwasher. It helps a lot." he replied "no problem, I'm gonna start helping around there :)" I've heard plenty of I'm gonnas, but today there was actions behind the words. So happy :) what has worked for you in your household?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jcampbell288
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I dont have that problem, Dh has his jobs he does without being told.. its not much but it helps he is responsible for 1 load of dishes on each of his days off, hang up clothes that get washed on his days off, taking out the trash when needed and he is of course the house handyman and DD usually has a thing or 2 for him to fix

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

For 10 1/2 years nothing worked, that's part of the reason I'm divorced from him.

Misash103
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Wow was that his idea? To help?

Quoting jcampbell288:

I dont have that problem, Dh has his jobs he does without being told.. its not much but it helps he is responsible for 1 load of dishes on each of his days off, hang up clothes that get washed on his days off, taking out the trash when needed and he is of course the house handyman and DD usually has a thing or 2 for him to fix

jcampbell288
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

dont tell him I said this.. but i find that men are rather like children, they wont do anything until they find that they are required to do it. Since we got together I made it clear that I WOULD NOT be on my own when it came to cleaning the house and helping with the kids. its never been a problem and its not something we really talk about it just gets done...

Quoting Misash103:

Wow was that his idea? To help?

Quoting jcampbell288:

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Personally doing things like that showed me I was loved & appreciated. Ex would get jumped when he helped out. It was a turn on for me. Lol

Have you read The 5 Love Languages? It talks about 5 different ways we feel loved & appreciated. I read it & found acts of service & words of affirmation really speak to me.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry this is so off topic but we have the same last name & my exmil's name starts with J! Lol

Quoting jcampbell288:

Misash103
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
No but I will read it. Ty! I don't wanna feel like his mother; I wanna feel like his wife.

Quoting CampClan:

Personally doing things like that showed me I was loved & appreciated. Ex would get jumped when he helped out. It was a turn on for me. Lol

Have you read The 5 Love Languages? It talks about 5 different ways we feel loved & appreciated. I read it & found acts of service & words of affirmation really speak to me.

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don't have that problem......DH usually helps out when he's here....he works a lot......

cnjsmith
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is former military so he hates the mess as much or more than I do. If he starts to get lazy I just have to remind him... Sometimes yelling does the trick ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)