Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to retire early so dh can continue to support me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I work part time been working at the same job for 9 years. I'm now 60. I have a 35 yr. old daughter from a previous marriage and no children with my dh. We've been married 17 years now. I plan or rather hope to retire at 62. Early is 62, middle is 65 and last is 70. I know I won't get much early but here's the story. I'm in the middle of a divorce. Dh filed last year, it'll be a year filed by Feb and by Oct. this year it'll be 2 years we lived separately. I filed my counterclaim and answer last November. I requested to have his 'no fault' complaint of divorce to be dismissed. I don't want to give him the benefit to divorce as fast as possible so he can marry his bitch girlfriend. All I want is to be awarded for attorney fees. I live in the house, dh lives with his girlfriend and they have a baby together and he's paying me spousal support. Pretty much I am doing a good job preventing him from getting the case going since he has a much less paying job. Full time of course at 11.50 an hour. He cannot prove that my daughter, her husband and their child all live with me in the house and are helping with my mortgage and car payments. It's not counted as cohabitation. I just heard his truck is in danger of repossesion. Sucks to be him. Both our names are on the house and both our vehicles, but I'm the co-owner. So that's that. I hope this year and the next goes pretty fast. Life is good. Ladies I hope you keep your husbands on a leash if you suspect anything. And if he deserts you and finds someone else, get that court order for support and keep stalling his request for divorce. Men like that don't deserve to start over again at such a late age and been married for that long. By the way he's 57.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I am sorry that you are going through that but I think your advice is more harmful then good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Bitter much?!?! He has a child with another woman and you are preventing the divorce? He's moved on. So should you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM
It sucks that he left you, especially if he cheated(at least that's what I'm getting out of this) but what good does being a bitch about the divorce really solve? Maybe you should just find a way to move on.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

He clearly cheated, she likely knew, so if you make their lives difficult, so be it!  No one said life would be easy, especially when you create your own speed bumps!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Sounds like your still hurting. Trust me you need to move on my mom is still tech. married to that bastard of a husband she has(my stepdad ) but he has been living with his whore of a girlfriend for almost 13 years. My mom is so hurt and angry because he left her alone and only comes around to make himself feel better about leaving her. Doing this has made my mom very bitter and I hate to say it but extremely depressed. My advice to you is to let him get his divorce and kick him in the ass quickly and let his girlfriend take care of his BS. Karma is a bitch in the end he will get his. You need to definetly move on and enjoy your kids . Take it from me I'm still watching my mom suffer and I'm 32, it's not fun and I wish that I could take my mothers pain away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! Bitter much?!?! He has a child with another woman and you are preventing the divorce? He's moved on. So should you.

I don't want him marrying her.I'm too old to be moving on alone I'm dependant on him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hmmmm fascinating. I mean really I haven't seen this bitterness admitted to in quite some time. And horrid advice to boot.
mommaharley
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM

He had a child with another woman WHILE THEY WERE STILL MARRIED. That's the problem here.  If she's this close to retirement, how is she supposed to move on?  Move on and do what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
To damn bad act like an adult and it's pathetic you would cause a child to go with out . Maybe he left because of you . From your op it sounds like you where lazy . Goodluck with very much spousal with that bAby and his whopping 11.50 an hr

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want him marrying her.I'm too old to be moving on alone I'm dependant on him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM
So her poor saving and choices mean he should pay . She should of been saving for retirement !!!!!!

Quoting mommaharley:

He had a child with another woman WHILE THEY WERE STILL MARRIED. That's the problem here.  If she's this close to retirement, how is she supposed to move on?  Move on and do what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN