Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

get a tummy tuck chubby. pics added pg 3&4

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 71 Replies
Not you, me. I had to get your attention. I plan on gettinga tummy tuck sometime in the next five years. I have a little loose skin. I exercise regularly and am a healthy weight. I know it is skin not fat. If you have had a tummy tuck I have a few questions.

* how much did it cost and what if any financing optionswere available?

* how long was the recovery and were you able to be home by yourself or did you need help? I have heard different answers. I had a c section and for me the recovery was terrible. So I have a low pain tolerance I think?

* were you happy with your results?

Feel free to add any other details, advice, etc you want.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Bump I wanna read the responses later cuz I too want a tummy tuck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I looked up a lot online but it would be nice to read some responses firsthand. I know it will be painful but to me it is worth it. I want to wear a bikini again.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Never had one. But want one. I have loose skin also. But with time it does slowly tighten on its own. Not like it was pre-pregnancy, but better than right after. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Just wanted to share..these pics are taken a month apart. You can see in the two on the right my tummy is tighter than the two on the left. I have been doing occasionally tummy binding/wrapping. It has been helping. Maybe you can give it a try and see if it helps?
livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM
It has gotten better, but I gained sixty lbs when I was pregnant and my stomach was seriously huge. People always thought I was having multiples. There is no going back after that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never had one. But want one. I have loose skin also. But with time it does slowly tighten on its own. Not like it was pre-pregnancy, but better than right after. Lol.

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I want the BodyTite lipo, it's a safer alternative to a Tummy Tuck.  

I've had 3 c-sections in 40 months and although I am not at a healthy weight, I'm about 20 pounds over, want to lose 30 pounds.  I have a "tire" of loose skin, my 2nd child was 2 weeks late, he really stretched my stomach out.

Go for a free consultation with a board certified surgeon and get all your questions answered.  I wouldn't do it though.  Good luck to you, hope you get the results you want...and make sure you're done having children before you get it done.

livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I did and it helped, but I want a flat stomach. I can feel abs, but with the skin you can't see it at all. I know for sure I need one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just wanted to share..these pics are taken a month apart. You can see in the two on the right my tummy is tighter than the two on the left. I have been doing occasionally tummy binding/wrapping. It has been helping. Maybe you can give it a try and see if it helps?

livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I will ask about it. I'm wanting to get a consultation but I'm nervous. And I am done.

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

I want the BodyTite lipo, it's a safer alternative to a Tummy Tuck.  

I've had 3 c-sections in 40 months and although I am not at a healthy weight, I'm about 20 pounds over, want to lose 30 pounds.  I have a "tire" of loose skin, my 2nd child was 2 weeks late, he really stretched my stomach out.

Go for a free consultation with a board certified surgeon and get all your questions answered.  I wouldn't do it though.  Good luck to you, hope you get the results you want...and make sure you're done having children before you get it done.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Same sad story here lol. But first I have to deliver this baby then I have to drop weight and get in shape and then I can go for it :)

Quoting livelaughlov26:

I looked up a lot online but it would be nice to read some responses firsthand. I know it will be painful but to me it is worth it. I want to wear a bikini again.

Quoting sweetieiv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Check my pics I posted. :) I am 5'1" and during my pregnancies (3 total) I gained massive amounts of weight. I got to 200lbs during my last pregnancy (I am currently 120). Everyone thought I was having twins. But nope, only one very healthy baby. There is no going back, but there is going forward with time and patients. Lol.

Quoting livelaughlov26:

It has gotten better, but I gained sixty lbs when I was pregnant and my stomach was seriously huge. People always thought I was having multiples. There is no going back after that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN