Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

someone called cps on us because our baby is large.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
cps showed up at my door a few weeks before xmas, she said someone said we smoke weed in front of dd, (false we both passed drug tests) and that she is developmentally disabled, because we never interact with her, which is a total lie, my girl is my life, i take her to the museum 2 times a week, she has more toys than most families with multiple children.

my dd is 21 months, 34 inches tall, 34lbs. the size of your average 3 year old. she is just a big girl, she was 9.5lbs 21in at birth. she is on track for her bw. she is in the 95-100 percentile, but her ped said she is height weight proportionate, so no worries.

whoever made the complaint obviously thought she was older than she is, which makes me believe it was my neighbor that i have caught peeping in our windows. this neighbor has never spoken to us in the year we have lived here, never said word one, but she assumes that my daughter is developmentally disabled. because she is big. why the fuck wouldn't she ask me, or introduce her stupid ass, before casting aspersions? assuming i am a bad mother, telling lies about me, and assuming things about me and my husband without even knowing who we are.

the case was closed that day after we took drug tests in our own home, let her in to look around, the place was spotless, (can you say violating?) and signed a release for cps to speak with dds ped. i am glad its over. but i am still pissed that people are ignorant and would lie about us and try an get our child taken from us.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Someone was concerned.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
26 moms liked this

I despise people that waste the time of CPS......I think they should be fined when nothing is found!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I would go bash your neighbor's windows in
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

She is a nosy witch I would call the cops next time I saw her in my window keep your phone or camera handy have her butt arrested for that and get a TRO

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
They don't close them the same day .
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Wow, if they called CPS for that they would have called them on me as well because my son weighed 25lbs at 6 mos. he was huge, he is now 27 yrs old, tall and thin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok? She was concerned. She was doing was few would do, looking out for the welfare of a child. Yes, your precious life was interrupted for a day. But you passed the inspection, so leave it alone. I wish more people would call CPS on people, more kids would be saved from bad situations and abuse. It is better safe than sorry IMO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I have had people call cps because my ds is type one diabetic. One woman actually tried to claim I made mt son sick.
Sparkey6987
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Mm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
If claims are unfounded, as in the OP's case, yes they can close the case the same day.

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't close them the same day .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)