Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Offending. Would you be offended?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

On and off for the last 6 years DH keeps mentioning to me that I should go get my hair and my nails done. This offends me everytime he brings it up, and sometimes I actually get angry. I'll just point out that I have never had my nails or hair done. And getting your hair done- I don't even know what the hell that is! What's wrong with just simply brushing it??? I think fake nails look tacky. I mean, everyone knows they're fake, so what's the point? What's wrong with natual nails? I like mine.

DH says he wants me to because he'll think I'll "feel better about myself" to get it done. I know that I won't. I'll feel awkward and uncomfortable, and I think it's all a huge waste of time and money. I have told him before if he wants a high maintenance woman then he needs to go find it somewhere else. Would this offend you? How would you take this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I would think he was offering to let you do something nice for yourself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_cloudy_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't knock ot till you try it. It's just little sprinkles on a frosted cake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe you should keep yourself up. Maybe he wants to think you care enough to actually look good for him. Its so funny how married women think that they can look like slobs and their husbands not care!
Kennadismom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Id be offended if I were you. Personally I enjoy getting my hair and nails done but hate spending the $ so when Dh tells me to go do it I run for the salon lol. If you've always been very natural then what the f is his deal all of a sudden?
mom_of_one_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM
My dh let's me go once a month and get either my nails or feet done. I enjoy it because its my me time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I would say, "Ok. Thanks for the pampering time" and be on my way out the door. You don't have to get fake nails. Just go get a cut, conditioning treatment, and mani/pedI with nude polish. Maybe he just wants you to take time for yourself. Do you feel good about yourself in general?
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Jesus.
I'd say "aww thanks for the idea!"
It's a treat to be pampered
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a manicure and your hair done! He is trying to tell you something!
ermka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM
uh no, i wouldn't be offended. I'd want to know where he got the money, but i wouldn't be offended.
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I would take it as he wants me to go do something FOR ME!

I wouldn't be offended if my hubby was saying that. I think you are over-reacting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured