Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help2 year old wont pee. **Edit**

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm waiting on the on call doctor to call me back, but I want your advice.

DD is 2, she'll be 3 in March. DD hasn't peed all day. We woke up at 10AM, I changed her then. Since then, she hasn't peed. She has a runny nose, but other than that, she's not sick. She is a LITTLE red, but it's not bad. She says she has to pee, but when she tries she starts SCREAMING and saying it hurts. I'll check in her diaper and sure enough there are only a few drops of pee on her. I tried putting her in a warm bath and encouraging her to pee, but she still screams and says it hurts. I've also put diaper rash cream, and powder, she still says it hurts. And wont pee.

What should I do? I can try to get her a doctors appointment in the morning, or I can take her to the ER tonight.

Forgot to add: For the past couple of days she has had an odor. I didn't really think anything of it. I thought maybe her dad didn't wipe her good when she went so I made sure to clean her really good. She didn't have a discharge or anything. Think that could be connected?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

sounds like a uti...poor baby:( She should be seen tonight so she can get some relief.

kate80
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Stop with the powder. It can irritate. Sounds as if she has swelling in her urethra. I would call Dr or even er stat. Taking fluids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Thanks! I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do. I can't imagine her being like this for the rest of the night and tomorrow until her appointment, if I can even get her in. I just gave her a huge glass of chocolate milk. If she doesn't pee by 9 I'm going to take her in.

Quoting km1970:

sounds like a uti...poor baby:( She should be seen tonight so she can get some relief.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Yes, she's drinking. She's been drinking juice and milk throught the day. Plus she had another glass of Chocolate milk 1.5 hours ago with dinner. I'm forcong her to drink more now. So far, still no pee.

Quoting kate80:

Stop with the powder. It can irritate. Sounds as if she has swelling in her urethra. I would call Dr or even er stat. Taking fluids?

kate80
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I would definitely go to the er. She could have a blockage. They may need to cath her to drain bladder. Poor baby. Update us.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Yes, she's drinking. She's been drinking juice and milk throught the day. Plus she had another glass of Chocolate milk 1.5 hours ago with dinner. I'm forcong her to drink more now. So far, still no pee.

Quoting kate80:

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Thanks, I will!

Quoting kate80:

I would definitely go to the er. She could have a blockage. They may need to cath her to drain bladder. Poor baby. Update us.

Quoting KayelynnsMama:

Quoting kate80:

aimhawk
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

She should definitely be seen tonight.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Sounds like a bladder infection. :(
jessistarr85
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

take her tonight, if she is screaming in pain it only gets worse the longer you wait. 

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Tonight E.R. she may have a uti. Pain when urinating is a symptom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)