Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what is the deal with bashing married women that don't wear makeup? *edit *another edit

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
  • 373 Replies
28 moms liked this

**Ok I seem to have offended or upset some people.

Please note I have never said "I don't need make up to keep a man" I do wear make-up for special occasion.

I don't think women who wear make-up are insecure and or jealous.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from wearing makeup

I am not saying yourDH/SO doesn't love you if he likes you in makeup

I am not hating on anyone for wear make-up.

I know there are many men that like for their woman to wear make and the is great. Do what makes you and you man happy.

However for a woman who does enjoy wearing make-up to tell a woman that doesn't wear make-up that her man will cheat or leave her if she doesn't wear makeup is wrong and that was my point. That is what the other post said.

IT equated not wearing make-up to being a slob and that is what I don't agree with. If this post offended you I am sorry.

Now you can continue to the post:

seriously...make-up does not always equal attractive. and not wearing make-up doesn't make you a slob...I mean really

Can it help if it is done right? yup

Does everyone know how to do it  right? nope

I don't wear make-up on a regular basis. I don't feel I need to. I have decent skin. I don't feel like I need to add anything to my face on a regular basis. But I certainly take care of myself.

When we are going out or having people over yes I put on black mascara, black eyeliner and lip gloss, usually clear.

I just think it is weird that some women feel like make-up is such a necessity to keep a man...

**I have nothing against ladies that do wear make-up. It is fine to wear make-up and I am sure you husband thinks you are beautiful with or without it. But I don't think it is a true statement that if a married woman doesn't wear make-up her husband will chear, or find her less attractive.

Not taking care of youself and not wearing make-up are two very different things.

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM
You're right it's not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SAnders224
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I rarely wear makeup. my dh doesn't care and never has.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I have very sensitive skin. I am actually very allergic to clinique makeup. So I will usually only do mascara. I have had compliments on how healthy my skin is.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't wear make up and DH prefers me without it. I only wear it for special occasions and that is the minimal amount possible. I hate the way it feels, it makes me break out and DH won't snuggle close to me because it gets on him and he hates it.

My skin is so much healthier since I stopped.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

NiCo86
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM
i agree with you. i wear make up to uphold a professional apoearance at work, but i rarely wear make up on my days off
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
6 moms liked this

They are just insecure. I only wear make up when we go out or when I have to get dressed up.

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

My DH tells me he likes me better without makeup, he says it is more natural.

A_McCool
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I never wear makeup.  Never have.

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not, people just put to much value on looks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I think its called projecting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)