Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You really think it is that easy to find a job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies
8 moms liked this
You really think it is that easy to find a job. Everyone says if you don't have a job it is because you don't want one because there are help wanted sign everywheres. what people are not thinking is that for every place that is hiring there are at least 50 people looking for a job and probably 50 people who have applied for that one job. All because a place is hiring doesn't mean they will hire you. It is my personal opinion, that if you are not out there looking for working or having to look for work; you have no right to say how easy it is to find a job, you are not out there, you are not the one not getting calls for interviews or not getting calls back. when you are in that position then you can talk about how easy it is to find a job. even if you have been in the position 10 years ago, the job force isn't the same as it was 10 years ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeenaStarr
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Agree but web cam companies are always hiring
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
9 moms liked this

I think it's probably difficult to find decent paying jobs, but no, I do not think it's particularly hard to get certain types of jobs.  My friend just wanted a part-time job and she got hired over the phone (completely sight unseen!) after being asked a few questions at Kohl's.  That's how desperate they are.  There was a guy on the Today show last week that did a social experiment and got 100 jobs in one calendar year.   A HUNDRED jobs in one year.  So yeah...people can get jobs.  Are they great jobs?  Mostly no.  Will they support an entire family?  Doubtful.  But are there jobs out there to be had if one wants one?  Absolutely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on your area

Quoting Kmary:

I think it's probably difficult to find decent paying jobs, but no, I do not think it's particularly hard to get certain types of jobs.  My friend just wanted a part-time job and she got hired over the phone (completely sight unseen!) after being asked a few questions at Kohl's.  That's how desperate they are.  There was a guy on the Today show last week that did a social experiment and got 100 jobs in one calendar year.   A HUNDRED jobs in one year.  So yeah...people can get jobs.  Are they great jobs?  Mostly no.  Will they support an entire family?  Doubtful.  But are there jobs out there to be had if one wants one?  Absolutely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

My youngest DD graduated HS almost 2 years ago. She has been looking for work since. It is even harder for her because she is boderline disabled, not slow enough to get SSI but disabled enough that she is unable to do a lot of jobs, especialy anything that has to do with any type of math or money. She has applied for walmart greeter, dish washer, dog shampooer, ECt and nothing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM
True. My friend applied at a retail store. They told her at the interview that 350 applied for this position, so don't be surprised I'd we don't call you....she wasn't called.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I think it depends where you live. If you live in an urban area, there are tons of crappy jobs out there. And more people quitting them because they suck every day!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I don't think it's difficult to find a job if you really want one. It may be just a minimum wage paying job, but money wasn't part of the question, was it? It's just about the ease of finding employment.

I haven't worked in 10 years. I recently applied for four jobs, 2 fast food, one library clerk (I have a degree), and a part-time grocery store manager. I got call backs for all of them. I ended up not taking any of them because my Dh's schedule changed and it worked out for us. I didn't need a job for financial reasons.

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I wanted to see just how hard it was to find a job.  I did a test. I applied to a few places last week. Halmark, 2 grocery stores Randall's and HEB, and a para professional in my school district. All of them called me back, interviewed me and offered me a position starting next week if I wanted it. I accepted the para professional because I will be placed at my daughter's school and will give me a chance to use my ASL skills. 

Finding a job may not be easy but it can be done. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Idk in my area they're looking for people to work, but no one wants to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)