Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You really think it is that easy to find a job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You really think it is that easy to find a job. Everyone says if you don't have a job it is because you don't want one because there are help wanted sign everywheres. what people are not thinking is that for every place that is hiring there are at least 50 people looking for a job and probably 50 people who have applied for that one job. All because a place is hiring doesn't mean they will hire you. It is my personal opinion, that if you are not out there looking for working or having to look for work; you have no right to say how easy it is to find a job, you are not out there, you are not the one not getting calls for interviews or not getting calls back. when you are in that position then you can talk about how easy it is to find a job. even if you have been in the position 10 years ago, the job force isn't the same as it was 10 years ago.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Replies (191-192):
KeenaStarr
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM

because they need a job... 

shit idk go ask them

Quoting mary841108:

why would a mother and wife want to do that?

Quoting KeenaStarr:

Agree but web cam companies are always hiring

Refurbished
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Kohl's pays minimum wage, right?  Can someone support a family on that wage?

I earned a degree and then started applying for jobs.  I've literally applied for hundreds and hundreds of jobs and have not been able to even get an interview.  Nobody is calling me back.  My resume is polished, my application looks great, I have nothing in my background that would prevent me from getting hired, I have excellent references and I graduated with honors from a good college -- and no one is calling me back.  I even went to a temp agency.  I asked them what jobs are out there and what I need to do.  I asked them for advice on how to market myself to employers.  She looked everything over, said that my application and resume were perfect, just that the employers were all getting thousands of applications that looked just like mine.

I'm terrified.  Earning my college degree only made me overqualified for the only jobs that actually exist out there right now.

Quoting Kmary:

I think it's probably difficult to find decent paying jobs, but no, I do not think it's particularly hard to get certain types of jobs.  My friend just wanted a part-time job and she got hired over the phone (completely sight unseen!) after being asked a few questions at Kohl's.  That's how desperate they are.  There was a guy on the Today show last week that did a social experiment and got 100 jobs in one calendar year.   A HUNDRED jobs in one year.  So yeah...people can get jobs.  Are they great jobs?  Mostly no.  Will they support an entire family?  Doubtful.  But are there jobs out there to be had if one wants one?  Absolutely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)