Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have any strange phobias?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am terrified of birds. That's about the only thing I am absolutely terrified of.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Replies (141-148):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I was watching Maury, once, and this lady supposedly had an overwhelming fear of cabbage lol.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

Yeah, i hate them. I have had people do that to me. It may be from when I was younger I put one in my mouth and the feeling on my teeth was horrible. Ugh. I don't even like thinking about it. It it rare. People are always like "really?", yes really.

Quoting FoxFire363:

If you google this, it is a diagnosed disorder that is actually mostly found in only one location in the world. It is generally speaking, very rare. I had a friend who had a teacher who had it. He was a dick and filled her desk with cotton balls. And yes, I know my friend was a dick, but he was also, like 12 when he did that. 

Quoting nelliesmommy:

cotton balls freak me out

AdryF
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Uncovered/unlocked windows... Mine must have blinds/curtians and be locked. I will open them during the day but at night uncovered windows creep me the hell out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Spiders,
geese, specifically Canadian honkers,
And the dark.
My mother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I was watching Maury, once, and this lady supposedly had an overwhelming fear of cabbage lol.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

Yeah, i hate them. I have had people do that to me. It may be from when I was younger I put one in my mouth and the feeling on my teeth was horrible. Ugh. I don't even like thinking about it. It it rare. People are always like "really?", yes really.

Quoting FoxFire363:

If you google this, it is a diagnosed disorder that is actually mostly found in only one location in the world. It is generally speaking, very rare. I had a friend who had a teacher who had it. He was a dick and filled her desk with cotton balls. And yes, I know my friend was a dick, but he was also, like 12 when he did that. 

Quoting nelliesmommy:

cotton balls freak me out

notdown4games
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Teddy ruxbin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMoonlight
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Crayfish. I was on a hike with my dh at about 40 week, we'd stopped to pick some blackberries that were growing near the creek. All the sudden we're surrounded by crayfish, I scream, drop the blackberries and run onto the bank through some stinging nettles. When I started cussing and bending over to see why my legs were on fire dh thought I was going into labor. It's kinda funny now but I hate those things..... They're flippin creepy.
Mom050190
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Snakes... i will never be able to touch one!
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

lol I told her about this thread and she said the same thing.

Quoting Dawnzilla:

Quoting Maevelyn:

So is my mom she's afraid of the same type(?) of redhead with "the see through skin" they freak her out. She can barely look at them. 

Quoting Dawnzilla:

Slugs and worms, some caterpillars. I had a friend pretend to throw a slug at me once while fishing on a rock.. I freaked so bad I ended up in the river in sheer panic. So embarrassing. And redheads. The very pale ones that have blue veins that show through their skin. No offense to anyone. I'm dead serious. I'm afraid of gingers.

I'm glad I'm not alone! There isn't even a WORD for it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN