Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should it be me or should it be him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I just had baby number 3 and am so done having kids. I love my children very much but I do not wish to have anymore. So I ask DH to "get fixed" so we can prevent another pregnancy but he refuses and said since I'm the one who carries the babies I should be the one to "get fixed. This pissed me off. Yes I'm the one who carried all 3 of our children, I'm the one who had to be put on bed rest with our two youngest kids and pushed two out and ended up  having an emergency c-section with our last one. I think it's only fair that he get snipped. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kate80
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
So much easier for a man. What a wanker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM
It's not as dangerous got him as it is you either. Do some research and show him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

My personal opinion is that a vasectomy is much easier and much safer than a tubal ligation. 

hnjen12
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

No your not wrong. In my situation my boyfriend is fixed, Men are easier to get fixed b/c you don't have to worry about hormones or periods like you do women. so we get fixed for what. we still have all the pms syptoms & periods.

beerebelly
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

DH would not get a vasectomy either, so I got my tubes tied. No big deal to me.

CrazyLife1996
He is being a douche. My husband has already said when we are done he will "get fixed ".
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I had 3 c-sections (two of which I labored).  I said I didn't want my tubes tied and he was fine with that, so a few months after having our 3rd child, he had a vasectomy.

428pm

Since youre the one delivering the babies, I think it's time HE put some pain in.  But, it;s his body, his choice (unfortunately)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU

Essure is the way to go.  Check it out.

sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I cant say for other couples but that is how I feel in my relationship. Less invasive, faster healing/down time, less risk or complications, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN