Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age would you stop bathing with your son. My son is 14 months and we still bathe together because obviously he's too young to know any different. We did kangaroo care in the nicu and breastfed for a short time, I don't think this is any different. What do you guys think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I take a shower with my 4 year old sometimes, when we are short on time it's just easier.

Fatal_Frost
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I did it with my twins until they were nearly 2, but by then they wouldn't stop pointing at my boobs and it got annoying lol
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM
It's skin to skin contact :) he was too small to nurse, so I wore a big button up shirt and buttoned him up inside it in just his diaper. It's so babies get that contact with mom even if they can't breastfeed. My husband even did it sometimes :)

Quoting jupiter5:

What is kangaroo care? It sounds awesome but I'm sorry it was in the NICU :(

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM

He was about a year.  My husband bathed with him till he was about 2. Then we let him swim by himself in the tub. (once of us was still in the bathroom, just let him bathe alone)

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I bathed with my kids when they were under 1 and it was only a few times.  So, I guess up to 2 would be OK.  Up to you though.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM

never because thats my alone time

kaitlynherring
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
My dd is 15 months and up until probably 2 weeks ago we were bathing together. She has finally started listening to me while in the tub, and has stopped jumping around and acting crazy. So I can now enjoy a screaming hot bath with bubbles and relax. :-)
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My 15 month old still takes baths and showers with me.  Our tub time wonderful.  The water helped in the beginning to bring on letdown(she would always nurse in the tub) and she has never cried through a bath =)   My 4 year old still tries to climb in the jacuzzi with me and I let her sometimes but I dont really like it because that my ME time.  But she likes to get in the tub ANYTIME she can.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I have never bathed with my son. Only my girls. DH bathes/showers with him. And he is 14 months

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I still shower with my six soon to be seven year old. Sometimes we are in a hurry and its just faster. BTW SHE is a GIRL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured