Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
At what age would you stop bathing with your son. My son is 14 months and we still bathe together because obviously he's too young to know any different. We did kangaroo care in the nicu and breastfed for a short time, I don't think this is any different. What do you guys think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I'd say around three our four maybe...or when he becomes uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I took bathes with my son until he was 2. I still shower with him when he wants to. He is now 3
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

we do family bathes in a garden tub. my kids are 11,9, and 2. we'll stop when my kids are uncomfortable with it or stop begging for a family bath. whichever comes first. 

mary841108
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I never have bathed with my kids. when they were too small for the big tub, but too big for the plastic baby one, they went in the kitchen sink. when they were big enough for the regular tub, they went in with a ton of splishy toys while washed them up.

Livigirlsmom322
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Bath/shower is my alone time.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I still bathe with my 5yo.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I know a lot of families that bathe together. I see no problem.

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I have a hard time with this topic. I stopped bathing with DD at the age of 1 1/2. I always supervised her whether she was in the bath with me or not. I just felt uncomfortable taking showers or bathing with her after she got to that age. My ex husband however, apparently saw no problem with showering with her every day that he had her until he moved. She was 3 1/2 when he moved away. In my opinion that is NOT ok.

KMadsen
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Idk my daughter is fifteen months and stills showers/bathes with my husband and I. 

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I still occasionally take a bath with my almost three year old ds. I don't see a problem,I taught him to never touch anyone's private parts, and he doesn't try to grab me, And its not like he stares or anything, he just plays with his toys and has fun splashing me. I guess it will stop when one of us gets uncomfortable
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)