Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bio Mom dropped her off on 12-17-12 and has yet to call. ETA in blue 1/16 purple

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
7 moms liked this

We have court today, I am hoping DH gets custody of SD. I can't stand the thought of her going back to her mother's apartment. Her wrist is healing nicely (she fell and sprained it)and she is happy with us. She calls me mommy and I love her like she is my own. She asked me if her mom was going to come to court and get her and I told her I didn't know. She loves her mom but doesn't want to live with her. She is scared when she is with her mom. Her mom took off with a new boyfriend on the 17th. She dropped her off at my house and didn't even wait for her to get into the house or make sure I was home before she drove off. Please wish us luck she isn't safe with her mother. 1. Does drugs and drinks 2. ALWAYS has random men at her house (one of which scared SD to death) 3. We have to buy food or there would be no food. 4. She leaves SD alone at night if she wants to go out. 5. She leaves her with us months at a time with us not being able to reach her.

I replied in post and I am sorry I didn't get back sooner I passed out when I got home from not sleeping all night.  DH won sole custody!  She didn't even show up, we had to wait 45 minutes to give her a chance to show because she was "out of town".  We have been seen by this judge before and she didn't even listen through half of our documentations.  She wanted to hear newest to oldest and stopped our lawyer at men in apartment telling SD she was very pretty in a way that scared SD (she is told that all the time by people).  All her lawyer could do was sit there with a dumb look on his face.  She has 10 days to call or show up if she doesn't the judge is starting the process of taking her parental rights away.  Her lawyer objected and the judge looked at him like sit the fuck down and told him if he didn't want his client to loose her child he better find her.  She gets one day supervised visits a month.  

DH is getting my parents and the kids and we are all going out to dinner.  SD has already chosen a local steak house she loves going to.  She is happy that she doesn't have to leave us.

Nothing yet.  She has til tomorrow midnight to contact SD.  This is the first time that I have been praying that she just stays away so we can get her out of the picture completely.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megshere
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Good luck

Photobucket

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Good Luck.....she belongs with Y'all

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I think I remember your post about her dropping her off on you unexpectedly..
Yikes that's a long time to just disappear.
Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Good luck!  Update tomorrow with good news please :)

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Luck!!! I hope you guys get custody! Poor baby needs a stable home.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM
You guys will get her. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM

How old is sd? sounds awful

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I will this afternoon.  Out court time is 9am.  I can't sleep.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Quoting 428pm:

How old is sd? sounds awful

Mrs.Winchester
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I probably couldn't either.  Do you think bio mom is going to show to court?  Sometimes if people don't you win by default (not sure if that's true in this situation specifically).

Quoting Anonymous:

I will this afternoon.  Out court time is 9am.  I can't sleep.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured