Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just a bad night. Go ahead and bash.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I have no idea who my dad is, and I have a mother who disowned me 2 years ago. I have very little contact with my family. My mom claimed this one guy was my dad until I was 25 years old, and I found out he was not my dad. He died when I was 9. My mother disowned me when I confronted her and went ahead with a DNA test to see if he was my father or not. Of course, I let his family know the results. Over the course of 2 years, even though they said I was their family no matter what, my relationship with all of them has become distant and awkward. They never call anymore, and I feel like I'm imposing if I call any of them. After all, my mother lied for 25 years, and I was all they had left of him. Now, they have nothing. I just.......feel lonely and abandoned. I know, I'm a mother and I should suck it up. Go ahead and bash. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Thanks. Just having a pity party lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm very sorry.

USMCwife0530
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM

No bashing here. Sorry you've had to go through all that :-(

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Same thing happened to my cousin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM

bash for what? Im sorry youre going through this!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM

There is nothing to bash you about but I will give you a HUG.

MamaK2010
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:14 AM

there is no need to bash for anything you've stated. We cant choose where we come from we can only do better and improve ourselves for the sake of our children. Hold your chin up and keep a positive out look in life you've been blessed with  a family of your own all the rest doesnt matter. Build your own family they dont have to be blood you know :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM

It is MC. Women bash for anything in here. I feel like an idiot being 27 years old and still upset over not knowing who my father is. I would rather him be the biggest pos in the world than not know. And, even though my mom was a horribly abusive parent, it still hurts that she doesn't care in the least about me or my children. 

Quoting AF2011:

bash for what? Im sorry youre going through this!

midnight_storm
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I'm sorry hun:( is it possible that your awkward feelings are causing the distance with them? Maybe they are afraid of being pushy. I didn't know my biodad's family until after he passed. I lost touch until this past year. I know its not the same, but they were thrilled to hear from me. They had left things on my terms and because of this and feeling awkward it caused a lot of misinterpretation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Thanks. I need a hug. I don't feel like this often, but it hit tonight. I guess because new years marked the second year I haven't spoken to my mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is nothing to bash you about but I will give you a HUG.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Sad. :(

Just curious though...if he died when you were 9....how did you have a dna test done??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)