Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just need to let it out.

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM
  • 23 Replies

I'm not looking for validation or sympathy. I just need to let this out and since I have no friends and don't wish to involve my family. This is really the only place I can turn to.

I'm seven months pregnant and I threw my boyfriend [the father] out tonight.

He works nights for long hours and his job is physically demanding. I appreciate everything he does and about 90% of what he makes is put straight in our account in order to save up for our coming son. But I'll be damned if he's not acting like a fucking child.

He's had a health issue [stomach problem] and was off work for four days then took two more days off after that. I didn't bitch or fuss even though he's the only one working at the moment. Pay was low and we had to dip in our savigns some. Now today, his first day back, I try and get him up an hour before he had to leave and he started throwing a fit, literally. He groaned and complained and threatened to break things, specifially our new baby dresser. . . He wouldn't get up no matter what I did and just kept saying why should he go back if he doesn't like his job and he'll just quit now. Now, he's been fine health wise for the last three days and last night he stayed up really late playing xbox 360 [which is normal for him]. So, yeah I was pissed off that he wanted to stay home again rather then go in for the half-day of work he has to do tonight.

This behavior isn't new. He would act like this plenty of times when I would try and wake him up before and it has lead to us having some major fights because of some of the things he would say. It's not like this schedual is new to him or that I haven't told him so many times if he was unhappy at his job to go find a new one [which he never even looked]. He's not abusive and doesn't insult me or anything like that. He just whines like a little kid and doesn't know how to actually talk anything out.

Tonight I called him on his bluff when he threathened to quit his job. I told him he can quit and go live with his father and his piece of shit step-mother [which is whole other story right there] and that I don't want him in the house if he's going to be so irrespoinsible.

He's gone and now I don't know what's going to happen. . . I just can't stop crying. . .

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Isnt that what you wanted?  Other wise why would you tell him to get out, why not say... Grow up?

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Hold your ground, unless you want to continue to be his substitute mother. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Let a toot out?

Obviously I'm on a title reading only kick.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM

WOW....well you got what you wanted. NOW what are you going to do???

Do you think he will call  you and come back after he cools down???

Christine9576
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM
He'll miss you soon enough and show up unannounced I'm sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM

So....why don't you work? Not that his behavior is inexcusable, but shouldn't you be contributing, too, if funds are tight? 

LiliM
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Take him back or get yourself a job.  I personally would be looking for a job, because I don't need to mother my kid and my SO. 

Looks like he called your bluff as well, because he actually left.  Start looking at how to support yourself so you are not at the mercy of someone who is going to be a baby about working. 

GhostlyLoki
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Isnt that what you wanted?  Other wise why would you tell him to get out, why not say... Grow up?

I have told him to grow up. We had a fight over this before and for a while he was okay about it and then it went right back to this shit again. It's to the point where I'm kind of tired of talking about it if he's not going to do anything differently. And just because I told him to leave doesn't mean I'm not sad about it.

GhostlyLoki
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Quoting LiliM:

Take him back or get yourself a job.  I personally would be looking for a job, because I don't need to mother my kid and my SO. 

Looks like he called your bluff as well, because he actually left.  Start looking at how to support yourself so you are not at the mercy of someone who is going to be a baby about working. 

I'm actually waiting for the background check to go through for the job I'll be starting soon. And before this I had another job so really I've only been out of work for about two weeks now.

And he didn't really call any bluff because I had to pack his back, drop him over there, and tell him to get out.

GhostlyLoki
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

So....why don't you work? Not that his behavior is inexcusable, but shouldn't you be contributing, too, if funds are tight? 

I'm actually waiting for the background check to go through for the job I'll be starting soon. And before this I had another job so really I've only been out of work for about two weeks now. It's not like I just sit on my ass and wait for his paycheck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)