Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I do NOT get up with my kids in the morning

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They are 10 and 6. I do NOT get up early in the mornings, nor do I make them breakfast in the mornings. I usually get up around 11:00am or so. This is my confession. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:10 AM
Maybe you should read again?

She says "I have had night jobs for the most part WHEN I WAS WORKING" indicating that she is no longer working night jobs or any other job at the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have a father who is up with them, she said she works nights.  I work nights I am working right now, sort of no one has come in tonight.  I get home as they are getting up for school and I get them fed and on the bus then I sleep til they get home.  Before any one jumps me for leaving them alone at night they have a dad at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

You DO KNOW that you can change your circadian rhythms right?

Stop being a lazy ass and stop making your 10 year old cover YOUR responsibilities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am simply not a morning person. I have had night jobs for the most part when I was working, and I just seem to catch my "second wind" in the evening. I can be dead tired in the afternoon, but get that second wind around 8PM. IDk. I am just like that. I get my best sleep from about 3:00am until 10am. If I go to bed at a decent time, I toss and turn until 2 or 3, and still sleep late. I have been this way since I was a child.

Quoting shortgrrrl:

May I ask why not?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Ok fine she told me that but if there dad is up with them there is no reason for her to get up.  My dh lets me sleep all day on the weekends and cares for the kids cause I work weekends.  I get up and make dinner get them into the shower and Jammie's and tuck them in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you should read again?

She says "I have had night jobs for the most part WHEN I WAS WORKING" indicating that she is no longer working night jobs or any other job at the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have a father who is up with them, she said she works nights.  I work nights I am working right now, sort of no one has come in tonight.  I get home as they are getting up for school and I get them fed and on the bus then I sleep til they get home.  Before any one jumps me for leaving them alone at night they have a dad at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop being a lazy ass and stop making your 10 year old cover YOUR responsibilities.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am simply not a morning person. I have had night jobs for the most part when I was working, and I just seem to catch my "second wind" in the evening. I can be dead tired in the afternoon, but get that second wind around 8PM. IDk. I am just like that. I get my best sleep from about 3:00am until 10am. If I go to bed at a decent time, I toss and turn until 2 or 3, and still sleep late. I have been this way since I was a child.

Quoting shortgrrrl:

May I ask why not?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM
I don't on weekends, they wake up at like 8am on Saturdays and Sundays and there is no way in hell I'm getting out of bed that early. Mine are also ten and six and they go to the living room, do some drawing and watch cartoons. They don't mess around and they're always fine. In the week I do because I work at their elementary school so we all get up and get ready together.
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM
I thought I was bad haha. I used to get up and get my son off to school then go right back to bed. Often I'd take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day even when he was home. Now I have a baby and my son is homeschooled so at most I doze in a chair during the day. I do a lot of sleeping on weekends, until afternoon if I can, that's when I catch up. I do sleep better during the day and really wish I could sleep in. Don't think I could ever leave my kids to fend for themselves for breakfast and going off to school though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Merp.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this
If you didn't want people to assume that this was the case then you would have put in your original post about dad being there.

You were just looking for drama by doing this and you got it and I'm bowing out now and not giving it to you anymore.

Out of here.

Quoting Anonymous:

What responsibilities? Her daddy is up with her the majority of the time. Did you automatically assume that I am an only parent? He is a morning person like her. They usually get up together at about 5:30 am. My son is not a morning person like me, and he usually crawls into bed with me and goes back to sleep. It works for our family, and she's not traumatized because of it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shortgrrrl:

May I ask why not?? 

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Derp...dunno why I assumed you're a single mom. My bad. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are they poor kids? They get well rounded breakfasts, and their dad is usually up with them, as he is a natural early riser. 

Quoting mstkn.identity:

O_o

Poor kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Who gets up with ur 6yo?
reindeer-c
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Same thing here with the schedule. I do get up and take 2 of my boys to school but my 5 yr old and I come home and go back to bed sometimes until 1pm. That will be changing when summer comes and 5 yr old starts school. I am far from lazy. I am just a night person and always have been. Growing up my dad worked 3rd shift and my stepmom would stay up all night cleaning, cooking..ect. I feel guilty that we are not on a normal schedule but this is what is working best for me right now. My hubby is also gone during the week because he works in another state. I whole family is not quite the typical situation, but we do what we need to so things work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shortgrrrl:

May I ask why not?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:20 AM
4 moms liked this
well you posted this at 4:33am MAYBE if you went to bed you could get up with them, yes?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)