Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cant believe i am posting these pics :( 1/22 new pics n update (do you see a change?)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

has anyone done this? i have A LOT to loss but dont wanna waste the money if it's not worth it. 

Today I did this work out.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEdJRRndkQ

I did it twice and I feel great. It really worked my butt. As of this morning I have lost 5lbs in 4 days!

PS still drinking my apple cider vinegar!!!!

update

so my mom is very sick in the hospital with many post operative blood clots in her lungs and pneumonia so i have not worked out for 2 days. i am glad for the break because im soooo sore. i am eating really well (better then before lol) and drinking apple cider vinegar a few times a day still. I weighted myself this morning and I am almost 260. I am still doing my best to stick with this change.

how is everyone else doing?

Day 3

I am very soar! I feel like something is starting somewhere in me. i have a ton of energy too. Tonight Im going to take a break from Insanity and do a kids work out with my ds. I love this little girl! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNgjuO80drQ

I am starting to work on my diet a lot more. so far I have lost 4lbs! if you wanna know more about my diet let me know. (before I started this I had already lost 10lbs just from diet changes over the last 2 or 3 months.)

This was my lunch. I did a shot of apple cider vinegar. I hope i get used to it soon cause it was hard to do lol!

green lettuce with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar, one piece of ham rolled up like a rose lol with balsamic vinegar.

Update day 2

i did the best i could food wise and i think i hit my target calories for the day. i did the day 1 insanity work out. all but the last 10min of a 40 min workout. not because i could not keep going, my baby woke up. i was soar when i woke up from doing the fit test yesterday but doing the workout today helped. i feel stronger already! i have always been 100% in the gym when i worked out but never felt like this! i am going to stick with this! i am am also going to do some Brazilian butty work outs a few days a week so i can love my curses again.

as of today my plan is to do a workout everyday, me more active and eat the best i can.

So i decided to check out youtube and found a lot of great workouts. i did the Insanity fitness test today and OMG i suck lol. I did the whole thing so i guess thats a start. I need to stay motivated so i am going to do a daily or weekly update. I am going to be brave and post pics and states as I go. Please me nice, i have always had body issues and now after two kids i now I need to do something. so if you cant be nice then go ahead and bash away it could be good motivation.

You ladies have great suggestions and i am open to more. If you have ideas on how to eat cleaner i would love to hear them.  

Join in if you want. I can also start a facebook group if anyone wants to do a group challenge.

this is the video i used today. I will do it again in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLOM29vuDFA

Day 1 of my personal 90 day challange

start weight 270

1/14 I have lost 8lbs in one week! I really think that all thos apple cider vinegar is the biggest reason. i dont see much difference in the pics yet but i feel better already. cant wait till i can see more of a change tho.

today i weigh 259! i have lost inchs in my belly! my jeans fit loose too!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
TurboMom81
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I more or less stick with Trainers. I love EVERYTHING Chalene Johnson has come out with, and ShaunT's dance stuff like Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body are great.  I do better when I am lost in the music and not realizing that I am ACTUALLY working out.  I think that is why Insanity turns me off at the moment. That and the fact that live in a third floor wall to wall carpeted apartment.  Some of those moves are impossible on carpeting!

Quoting Anonymous:

I gave up on Insanity too lol.  I have Jillian's 30 Day Shred which I haven't tried yet.. I love the Beach Body videos though and I want to find one that I'll like and will stick to.. 

Quoting TurboMom81:

I own Insanity. I weighed 216 when I first tried it and gave up within the first week because I got discouraged and could not keep up.  I LOVE Hip Hop Abs.  I lost 12 pounds in two months.  Right now I am doing my own hybrid workout of Hip Hop Abs with ChaLEAN Extreme.  I am only on week two though.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  I wouldn't start with Insanity either but if she wants to do P90x then Insanity is the baby form of that..  Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Fire would definitely be the way to go or Power 90 if you want a little challenge.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I Would NOT start with Insanity! That is one one the hardest programs out there.  Start smaller if you are just working out. Try Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Fire. You have to build up to Insanity.

IQuoting Anonymous:

Try Insanity first.  It's cheaper and just as hard but not as hard. You can actually find the videos on youtube

wedding ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in a carpeted apartment too and it is hard, especially if you're wearing sneakers.  I'll have to look into Chalene's stuff.  I've gone from Zumba to Insanity to just watching people exercise lol.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I more or less stick with Trainers. I love EVERYTHING Chalene Johnson has come out with, and ShaunT's dance stuff like Hip Hop Abs and Rockin' Body are great.  I do better when I am lost in the music and not realizing that I am ACTUALLY working out.  I think that is why Insanity turns me off at the moment. That and the fact that live in a third floor wall to wall carpeted apartment.  Some of those moves are impossible on carpeting!

Quoting Anonymous:

I gave up on Insanity too lol.  I have Jillian's 30 Day Shred which I haven't tried yet.. I love the Beach Body videos though and I want to find one that I'll like and will stick to.. 

Quoting TurboMom81:

I own Insanity. I weighed 216 when I first tried it and gave up within the first week because I got discouraged and could not keep up.  I LOVE Hip Hop Abs.  I lost 12 pounds in two months.  Right now I am doing my own hybrid workout of Hip Hop Abs with ChaLEAN Extreme.  I am only on week two though.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  I wouldn't start with Insanity either but if she wants to do P90x then Insanity is the baby form of that..  Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Fire would definitely be the way to go or Power 90 if you want a little challenge.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I Would NOT start with Insanity! That is one one the hardest programs out there.  Start smaller if you are just working out. Try Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Fire. You have to build up to Insanity.

IQuoting Anonymous:

Try Insanity first.  It's cheaper and just as hard but not as hard. You can actually find the videos on youtube

tastelikeyum
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I agree!! That is for people who have the body to do those workouts.

Quoting TurboMom81:

IQuoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I actually use a website called blogilates, its a slower easier pace to start with and it works, i was mainly using it to get toned back up though.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Good luck! As other ladies have said, try something else first besides Insanity. It's truly insane! I did it last summer and am about to start it again.
nancym3
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I'm thinking about getting Hip Hop
Abs. I have Turbo Fire, but cannot get into it for the life of me! I did Insanity last summer and I think I'm going to do it again.

Did you see good results with Hip Hop Abs?

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TurboMom81:

IQuoting Anonymous:

Kleotide
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM

good luck sweetie!

HetherElizabeth
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I have a set of DVDs called supreme 90 day I think it was 25$ at Walmart and its compared to p90x and 10x cheaper, I did it and it worked great! Good luck to you! Stay strong and don't give up no matter how hard you feel it's getting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM
I am in love with Turbo fire! My SIL is a Beach body coach and turned me onto it after I got burned out on P90x. My arms were sore all the time and that's not good when you have a baby that needs to be picked up and carried, LOL. I'm not sore after, just feel like I got a really good workout!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)