Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a question for Christians

And this is not a debate. 

Why do SOME complain that people who do not believe what they believe are bashing or ridiculing them for their beliefs 

But yet I see alot of those who say they are Christian, doing that VERY same thing towards other religions. 

2 examples are Satanism and Pagans. 

Understand i am not bashing Christians. I do have christian friends. I have friends who are also Atheist. I have friends who are Pagan. 

But i am trying to understand why so many of those who are saying they are Christian are telling people who are not of the Christian faith that they are going to hell.

Im not understanding why you are doing to others what you HATE having done to you

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM
4 moms liked this

Christians don't need to tell you that.  God does.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water. (Jeremiah 17:13)

Whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (John 3:18)

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. (John 3:36)

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe. (John 6:63)

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Because there are people in every group that love nothing more than to bitch, whine and complain, and cry persecution when someone turns the table on them.  It has more to do with who they are as a person that what form of religeous dogma they subscribe to.  You know?

EarlGrayHot
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM

There are always people whose only thought is their way or the highway.  There are a lot of so-called Christians who think they should b given special preference because they got away with that during the early years of our country.  Very sad and disgusting, eh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have wondered that myself OP.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM

where did i stereotype? i said SOME. i never said all. 

I have not seen posts mocking christanity. i have seen discussions TRYING to be held and then being to you are going to hell. you cant tell me nothing etc etc. and yes pagan will lash out in defense. 

I have had my 5 yr old child be told he is going to hell cuz we are pagan. I have yet to hear a pagan do anything like that to a christain or anyother religion. 

I see alot of people who like to talk religion be told they are going to hell etc etc just because they are trying to explain their beliefs. 

and again im not stereotyping but i never said all. 

Quoting LucyHarper:

Because there are jerks in every religion. Doesn't mean the entire religion is bad. I don't care if someone comes on here and makes a post about how great their religion is, I do however care if someone comes on here and makes a post in favor of their religion by disrespecting and putting down other religions. I have seen many pagans/atheists/etc. do this and I've seen some Christians do this, to be honest I much more frequently see posts mocking Christianity or Islam or Judaism than I do Christian posts saying they will burn in Hell, most Christians don't act that way and it's not cool to stereotype. As for the ones who do act that way, I don't know, that's their belief. It's not cool for either side to bash each others religion. 

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I don't really know what you're talking about specifically.  But, I've never told someone they are going to hell.  I don't believe in hell.  I don't think the bible supports that view.  And, yes, I am a Christian.

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Simple lol. Like i stated our religions have never been an issue and our views go hand in hand on alot of things. I believe in reincarnation as well as heaven.. i think you stay on the earth in many forms until god is ready for you to come home to heaven. (Its all to do with birthmarks and certain abilities i have that make me think this way). My husband was raised by a southern Baptist preacher just like i was and neither of us believe in what that type of church preaches. He went one way i went another. Do people really have that many problems with marriage and different religions

Quoting mommysangelface:

How is it being married to a Pagan? 

Quoting Meghan6391:

Last i checked if you tell someone they are going to hell you have gotten your self a one way ticket there yourself. I am a Christian and my husband is pagan and honestly folks they aren't that different. Only difference is he doesn't believe that god was a single parent, he believes in the Christian god but thinks there was another involved so to say. Our views have never been an argument bc we agree on slot of the same things... then again i don't go to church nor judge anyone for their views

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with you, I'm the same way, but not going to hide me faith either because I'm not ashamed of Jesus, but thankful to him for always being there for me in my life and saving me.

Quoting brittany208:

I think all people do this, not just Christians.

And as a Christian, I DO believe that people who aren't Christians are going to Hell. But I do go around rubbing it in people's faces.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand. The whole time I was in Christian school, it never seemed right to me either. 

I know some people love being Christians and I am happy for them, that they have found the path that was meant for them. it just is not the path for me

Quoting mommysangelface:

But heres the thing, Paganism was around BEFORE christianity. which i know you know.  lol

see my mom tried to raise me christian and i was so uncomfortable i literally wanted to crawl out of my skin. Too many thigns did not make sense to me and did not fit you know. 

not to say christianity is wrong. just wrong for me

Quoting wrensong:

I think it is because they have been indoctrinated for so long that they must convert everyone to Christianity. 

I went to Christian school from the ages of 10 to 15, and I was in youth group for those years as well. We were constantly told that if we loved our friends and family that we would witness to them and trry to get them to accept Jesus because if they didn't they would go to hell.We were also given graphic descriptions of hell.

I remember in youth group, we had lots of activities that involved knocking on people's doors. One thing we did was a scavenger hunt. We had a list of sounds we had to get, like a tolilet flushing, a dog barking, someone whistling ect.

We took tape recorders and knocked on random doors and told them we were from ____ church and we were on a scavenger hunt and would they let us record their toilet flush, dog bark ect. Then we left them Bible tracts and invited them to church.

There were LOTS of similar games that involved knocking on doors....Looking back I cringe at what we were doing. But we were told if we brought one person to Christ, how the angels in heaven would rejoice ect....

Quoting mommysangelface:

i like that. i just tell people i dont believe in hell. they get huffy. 

i just dont understand why some christians cry(for lack of a better word) that they are being crucified for their beliefs and they turn around and do it. 

im in another post not about christanity and its like they want to crucify this girl. im baffled i really am

Quoting wrensong:

I am Pagan. I finally started telling those who tell me I am going to hell "I won't tell you you will be reincarnated, since you don't believe in reincarnation, please don't tell me I am going to hell, since I don't believe in it"

If they want to debate after that, I just walk away. Some people will just never get the idea of agreeing to disagree

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you posted this.  Where exactly does it say here anything about anyone going to "hell?"  I must be missing it...

Quoting Anonymous:

Christians don't need to tell you that.  God does.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water. (Jeremiah 17:13)

Whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (John 3:18)

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. (John 3:36)

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe. (John 6:63)

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN