Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have a question for Christians

And this is not a debate. 

Why do SOME complain that people who do not believe what they believe are bashing or ridiculing them for their beliefs 

But yet I see alot of those who say they are Christian, doing that VERY same thing towards other religions. 

2 examples are Satanism and Pagans. 

Understand i am not bashing Christians. I do have christian friends. I have friends who are also Atheist. I have friends who are Pagan. 

But i am trying to understand why so many of those who are saying they are Christian are telling people who are not of the Christian faith that they are going to hell.

Im not understanding why you are doing to others what you HATE having done to you

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (61-70):
MommyOfOne2710
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I think a lot of people on CM have a totally skewed idea of Christians. I see what other people say and I think, I don't know anyone in my church (and it's a big church) who would ever say that or act that way.

It is not my place to judge anyone. However, I do not appreciate people trying to stereotype every Christian. Just like I don't look at an Atheist and say, "You're a terrible person!" It's not my place to say that and we are two completely different people. You have your beliefs and I have mine. That's fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM
We make it work only time it can get touchy is the subject of suicide he is still very Baptist in that view

Quoting mommysangelface:

understandable that you were scared. it was unknown to you and that can be scary. i think it is great you and your dh can have discussings without it turning ugly about religion

Quoting Meghan6391:

When he first told ne he was pagan i was a little scared (i was still blind to knowing the religion and i knew my daddy wouldn't approve but oh well lol) once i learned i was fine. I have always had friends of all kinds of religions. One of my friends just came out that she is Muslim and was scared of losing me b.c i am Christian i just giggled at her and told her the same thing i tell my devil worshiping friends.. its your soul not mine do with it as you please. None of us know what waits for us after death and when we find out it will be to late to change our views, we all could be wrong and there be nothing there but worms eating our brains

Quoting mommysangelface:

i think it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i know people who will note marry much less date someone of a different reigion

Quoting Meghan6391:

Simple lol. Like i stated our religions have never been an issue and our views go hand in hand on alot of things. I believe in reincarnation as well as heaven.. i think you stay on the earth in many forms until god is ready for you to come home to heaven. (Its all to do with birthmarks and certain abilities i have that make me think this way). My husband was raised by a southern Baptist preacher just like i was and neither of us believe in what that type of church preaches. He went one way i went another. Do people really have that many problems with marriage and different religions

Quoting mommysangelface:

How is it being married to a Pagan? 

Quoting Meghan6391:

Last i checked if you tell someone they are going to hell you have gotten your self a one way ticket there yourself. I am a Christian and my husband is pagan and honestly folks they aren't that different. Only difference is he doesn't believe that god was a single parent, he believes in the Christian god but thinks there was another involved so to say. Our views have never been an argument bc we agree on slot of the same things... then again i don't go to church nor judge anyone for their views

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM

These are quotes from the Bible--no bashing at all, just the truth.

Quoting Sekirei:

How is doing this not bashing? *sigh*

I bet you would be one of the first to complain when evil non christians say something against you god.. hypocrite

Quoting Anonymous:

Christians don't need to tell you that.  God does.

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1)

Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water. (Jeremiah 17:13)

Whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (John 3:18)

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. (John 3:36)

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe. (John 6:63)

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM

actually i do sweetie

i bring harm to no one. i wont "pray" for someone who doesnt want it. 

i dont push things upon people who dont believe what i believe but i do answer questions. i can even poke fun at my own religion. 

and at least when i say what i have to say, I dont hide behind anon. I say it and i say it proud!!!!!!!

too bad you cant say the same

maybe YOU should practice whatever it is you preach

Quoting Anonymous:

I suggest you practice what you preach. SMH

Quoting mommysangelface:

there were christians also doing it.  and someone asked if there was a dildo like that. i showed there was. if you are offended by it then take it up with the company who made. 

And again there were christians also doing it and found it hilarious. 

obviously YOU are not understand the point. 

Good day to you

Quoting Anonymous:

As I recall OP you and your friends were posting pics of dildos with a crucifix on it thinking it was funny. I find your post to be very hypocritical because of that. SMH

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i think it is awesome.

Quoting Meghan6391:

We make it work only time it can get touchy is the subject of suicide he is still very Baptist in that view

Quoting mommysangelface:

understandable that you were scared. it was unknown to you and that can be scary. i think it is great you and your dh can have discussings without it turning ugly about religion

Quoting Meghan6391:

When he first told ne he was pagan i was a little scared (i was still blind to knowing the religion and i knew my daddy wouldn't approve but oh well lol) once i learned i was fine. I have always had friends of all kinds of religions. One of my friends just came out that she is Muslim and was scared of losing me b.c i am Christian i just giggled at her and told her the same thing i tell my devil worshiping friends.. its your soul not mine do with it as you please. None of us know what waits for us after death and when we find out it will be to late to change our views, we all could be wrong and there be nothing there but worms eating our brains

Quoting mommysangelface:

i think it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i know people who will note marry much less date someone of a different reigion

Quoting Meghan6391:

Simple lol. Like i stated our religions have never been an issue and our views go hand in hand on alot of things. I believe in reincarnation as well as heaven.. i think you stay on the earth in many forms until god is ready for you to come home to heaven. (Its all to do with birthmarks and certain abilities i have that make me think this way). My husband was raised by a southern Baptist preacher just like i was and neither of us believe in what that type of church preaches. He went one way i went another. Do people really have that many problems with marriage and different religions

Quoting mommysangelface:

How is it being married to a Pagan? 

Quoting Meghan6391:

Last i checked if you tell someone they are going to hell you have gotten your self a one way ticket there yourself. I am a Christian and my husband is pagan and honestly folks they aren't that different. Only difference is he doesn't believe that god was a single parent, he believes in the Christian god but thinks there was another involved so to say. Our views have never been an argument bc we agree on slot of the same things... then again i don't go to church nor judge anyone for their views

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you misunderstood. I was asking what you say to a person grieving the loss. Obviously god is not going to come down and tell me that my dad went to hell for not being Christian. I am talking about when you are saying your condolences to someone. It seems like any time anyone dies, Christians tell the family that their loved one is in a better place or in heaven smiling down on them. Why do they say that if, according to their beliefs, the person went to hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you tell people who are grieving the loss of a non-christian family member or friend that their loved ones are in heaven or in a better place? I am really curious, because I know alot of christians/catholics said this to me when my dad passed away and he was not christian or catholic. It confuses me a little bit that they change their minds as soon as someone dies.  

Quoting brittany208:

I think all people do this, not just Christians.

And as a Christian, I DO believe that people who aren't Christians are going to Hell. But I do go around rubbing it in people's faces.

Only God decides.  I cannot say one way or another if someone who doesn't believe is going to non-Heavene (a/k/a Hell.)

But I do know that God specifically tells us that if we choose NOT to believe in Him...He will turn away from us when we die and forbid us to be with Him.

I don't say "they're in a better place," I simply state: I'm so sorry for your loss.  And then I usually follow up with a meal at some point later that week.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM

whos truth?

i think Sekirei is referring to the fact i stated i am pagan and you are quoting the bible knowing it holds no water to me. 

It CAN be veiwed as a bash depending on the person

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sekirei:

I bet you would be one of the first to complain when evil non christians say something against you god.. hypocrite

Quoting Anonymous:

Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water. (Jeremiah 17:13)

Whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. (John 3:18)

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him. (John 3:36)

The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe. (John 6:63)

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. (John 5:39-40)

brittany208
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I have, thankfully, never been in that situation. But no, I would not say that because I do not believe it to be true. I would avoid that issue and try to be there for the person who is still living.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you tell people who are grieving the loss of a non-christian family member or friend that their loved ones are in heaven or in a better place? I am really curious, because I know alot of christians/catholics said this to me when my dad passed away and he was not christian or catholic. It confuses me a little bit that they change their minds as soon as someone dies.  

Quoting brittany208:

I think all people do this, not just Christians.

And as a Christian, I DO believe that people who aren't Christians are going to Hell. But I do go around rubbing it in people's faces.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sekirei:

I don't complain when someone else doesn't believe in God.  I feel bad for them because I wish they would be able to spend their after-life with the One who created them in the first place.  I feel sad for them that it'll be too late, when they go their entire lives dencouncing God...and then He denounces them.  I wish that ALL would believe in Him, as He asks us to. 

Quoting Anonymous:

brittany208
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

It's not a bash at all. She is just stating what she believes.

Quoting mommysangelface:

whos truth?

i think Sekirei is referring to the fact i stated i am pagan and you are quoting the bible knowing it holds no water to me. 

It CAN be veiwed as a bash depending on the person

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)